Dolphin Sanctuary Kayaking in Adelaide
Paddle through a trail of shipwrecks and natural mangroves that make up the Adelaide Dolphin Sanctuary.
We are often greeted by a pod of friendly port river dolphins that spend a large part of their day playing around in these waters.
Our instructors know the best spots in the park and will guide you there with ease to give you the most enjoyable adventure you can have!
per adult from
What's included :
- All Kayaking equipment will be provided on the day (this includes: kayak, paddle, pfd)
What's excluded :
- Snacks - Please bring your own snacks and enough water for the day
Come enjoy a peaceful paddle through Adelaide's very own Dolphin Sanctuary!
Get up close to the shipwrecks as you hear about their history from our experienced instructors.
You'll get to explore deep into the mangroves that form Garden Island and Torrens Island.
Quite often we are greeted by the local port river dolphin population that will come say hello as we paddle along.
When you arrive, your instructor will talk you through the kayak and get you set up for the day.
After a demonstration of paddling technique and how to steer the kayaks, you'll head out on the water.
Your experienced instructor will take you to the best locations in the sanctuary where you can get up close to some fascinating shipwrecks.
Along the way we often find we are lucky enough to be greeted by the local port river dolphins that play around in the water.
You'll be led down winding inlets that go as far as 1km deep through the mangroves making for a spectacular paddling experience.
• Adelaide Dolphin Sanctuary, 66 Commercial Rd, Port Adelaide, South Australia 5015 Australia
Departure Point :Garden Island Boat Ramp, Garden Island SA 5960, Australia
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- -Shoes must be worn, aqua shoes are recommended
- Most travelers can participate
- -Sunglasses and Sunscreen and a broad-brimmed hat are recommended for sunny days
- -Please bring enough water for the day
- Participants must not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.