Douro Valley: private tour with lunch and wine estate all inclusive
This tour is mostly dedicated to Wine and Culture, in the north of Portugal we find the Douro Valley Region and on 9 hours tour we’ll lead you through this amazing area. Enjoy a guided visit into some Douro regions like Amarante, Galafura and Pinhão. To appreciate the amazing sites we have for you an amazing 1 hour panoramic cruise in Pinhão, to taste some of the gastronomy we include a lunch at a local restaurant and to finalize your day we have prepared a guided visit to a Wine Estate with wine tasting!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Wine tasting
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Entry/Admission - Cais do Pinhão
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Living Tours Portugal, Porto Portugal
Your expert guide will collect you from your hotel/accommodation or meeting point and will drive you to the Amarante, our first stop.
On your way to the Douro Region, your guide will give you insights regarding the Portuguese history, development and cultural facts of portuguese heritage.
Stop At: Amarante, Amarante, Porto District, Northern Portugal
Amarante is our first stop!
All visitors will most certainly be impressed by two imposing natural features: the great Serra do Marão rising above the city in a series of majestic landscapes and the river Tâmega, the longest tributary of the river Douro, whose journey begins in Galicia and which flows through the heart of Amarante, giving added colour to the picturesque houses standing on its banks.
Some historians have attributed the foundation of this transitional city linking the provinces of Minho and Trás-os-Montes to a Roman centurion by the name of Amarantus. In the thirteenth century, St Gonçalo, a Benedictine monk and popular saint, arrived in this area, where he eventually settled after completing a pilgrimage to Italy and Jerusalem, later becoming the city´s patron saint. He is accredited with the building of a sturdy bridge over the Tâmega on the same site as the current one.
Amarante's sweets and cakes are extremely famous and easy to find in many of the region's cake-shops and cafés. Remember some of the names and make sure to taste them for yourself: papos de anjo, brisas do Tâmega, toucinho do céu, bolos de São Gonçalo, galhofas.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Miradouro de Sao Leonardo de Galafura, Estrada Sao Leonardo - Galafura, Peso Da Regua 5050-044 Portugal
Our second stop will be about 640 meters high.
The lovely São Leonardo da Galafura Viewpoint is located in between Vila Real and Peso da Régua, on a place of Great natural beauty over the amazing Douro River, confirming the excellence of the ancient and historical Trás-os-Montes region.
Here, the sights are breathtaking, with the Douro River leading the attentions, trimmed by the steep soils where the famous Douro wine is planted, providing wonderful landscapes.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: The Douro Valley, Lugar Da Ponte, Pinhao 5085-060 Portugal
It's now time for Lunch!
Your guide will take you to a local restaurant where you will have a delicious traditional portuguese meal with drinks included.
Try some of most traditional portuguese gastronomy pairing with some local Douro table wine.
(Vegetarian option during lunch is available, make sure you request it during the booking process)
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: N222, Sandim, Portugal
The N222 road, classified as the most beautiful road in the world, guides us along the south bank of the Douro River, for miles of pleasure, fascination and beautiful surroundings into the very heart of the Douro Wine Region.
Stop At: Cais do Pinhão, 5085-042 Pinhão, Portugal
Time to Sail on a scenic rabelo boat, sided by terraces where the vines that produce ours, and yet so global, Port grow.
The vision from the river to both banks, in areas where only vineyards and wine farms exist, is a unique experience.
Duration: 50 minutes
Stop At: Pinhao, Pinhao, Vila Real District, Northern Portugal
For an authentic vineyard experience, you will visit a vineyard estate, in the heart of the Douro Valley.
Discover the secrets of the vineyards as you take a guided walking tour through the property, stopping at points of interest along the way and taking in the magnificent landscape of the vineyards.
During the guided visit, and before returning to Porto, you will also enjoy the unforgettable experience of tasting of different wines.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We collect from hotels in Porto and Gaia center
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Tour runs in small groups between 8 and 25 people
- The cruise is under the responsibility of the cruise operator (subject to weather and navigation conditions)
- Duration: the hours of duration are approximate hours, The Tour is subject to local traffic, visit schedules, etc
- All tours depart from Porto and Vila Nova de Gaia
- The services included in the tours/wine estate visits, restaurants, etc) are subject to 3rd party availability and may change without prior notice
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Certified with the CLEAN AND SAFE by the Portuguese Tourism Board and SAFE TRAVELS certification by the WTTC. Internal Protocol and Contigency plan was implemented with certified training of all staff. Cleaning and desinfecting measures are implemented for all the tranportation and facilities.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.