Dover Shore Excursion:Post-Cruise Tour to London via Canterbury and Leeds Castle
Make the most of your journey to London after your cruise ends at the port of Dover. This convenient post-cruise transfer to your central London or Heathrow hotel by executive coach is an ideal way to explore two of England’s must-see destinations. The trip includes a 2-hour stop in historic Canterbury and a 3-hour guided tour at the amazing Leeds Castle!
per adult from
What's included :
- One-way transport by executive coach
- Port pickup and hotel drop-off at selected Heathrow Airport hotels and centrally located London hotels within zone 1
- Worry-free Shore Excursion Guarantee
- Entry to Leeds Castle & Gardens
- Entry/Admission - Leeds Castle
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees: Canterbury Cathedral
- Entry/Admission - Canterbury Cathedral
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: The White Cliffs of Dover, Upper Road Langdon Cliffs, Dover CT16 1HJ England
You’ll drive above the famous White Cliffs and head into the county of Kent, an agricultural area that feeds London from its orchards, hop fields and vineyards. Enjoy the lovely views as you make the short, 45-minute journey to Canterbury, the seat of English Christianity since 597 AD.
Stop At: Canterbury Cathedral, 11 The Precincts, Canterbury CT1 2EH England
Listen to your guide regale stories about the history of the town and cathedral. You’ll hear medieval tales from Canterbury writers, Geoffrey Chaucer and Christopher Marlowe, as well as stories of the Reformation and the Blitz. Then, enjoy some free time exploring the town on your own and visiting Canterbury Cathedral if you wish (own expense)
After two hours in Canterbury, we'll travel over the Weald of Kent – a high ridge – and head down to Leeds Castle.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Leeds Castle Penfold Hill Leeds, Maidstone ME17 1PL England
Famously referred to as 'the loveliest castle in the world' and founded in the 9th century, Leeds Castle is best known as a palace for numerous queens of England. Along the way, hear fascinating commentary from your guide about the monarchs and the fate that befell them! Spend three hours at the beautiful castle, set on two islands on a lake, and explore its remarkable interior as well as the grounds and gardens with your guide. Admire rooms such as the library and banquet hall, and be amazed by the one-of-a-kind museum of ornate dog collars! Outdoors, walk through the complicated maze and enjoy the grotto and water features. If you wish, dine on a leisurely lunch in one of the cafés or restaurants overlooking the grounds (own expense).
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: International Friends, 229 Great Portland Street, London W1W 5PN England
Tour with International Friends
Duration: 10 hours
Departure Point :Dover Cruise Terminal, Western Docks, Dover CT17 9DQ, UK
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :1: London, UK
2: Heathrow Central Bus Station (Stand 1), Hounslow TW6 1DJ, UK
3: Heathrow Terminals 2 & 3, Hounslow TW6 1RU, UK
4: Heathrow Terminal 4, Hounslow TW6 3YD, UK
5: Heathrow Terminal 5, Hounslow TW6 2GA, UK
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- If you are staying in Central London districts, drop offs will begin at 4.30pm.
- We are able to offer drop off at any London city centre hotel, guest house or air bnb.
- If you are staying in a London Heathrow airport hotel, you will be dropped off from 6pm. For other London airport hotels you will be dropped at Victoria Station, where there are trains and buses to all four major airports
- Most major hotels have coach access, but some smaller hotels and apartments are in pedestrian areas or on very narrow roads that a large bus cannot access. In these cases, you will be dropped off as close to your accommodation as possible, but it may require a short walk with your luggage
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Please note that Canterbury Cathedral is a working religious building, and is sometimes subject to last minute closures
- Most travelers can participate
- Wheelchair accessible but must advise the supplier at time of booking
- Infant seats must be requested in advance
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- 50% of all available seats will be left empty to ensure customer space and distancing.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.