Downton Abbey English Countryside (Private Full Day Excursion)
Downton Abbey fans - hog the attention of your historian guide all the way, but keep your eyes peeled for the sights of the Cotswolds, an area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Sheep-studded hills, rural farmsteads, blues skies.
Dramatic scenes will flood your mind at Highclere Castle (Downton Abbey, the Grantham family home). Follow the Site Guide through rooms, galleries and panel presentations featuring your favourite episodes. A moment in the traditional tearoom before we set off to the soak in the rural vibe of Oxfordshire.
Downton devotes will find ye ancient market town of Bampton familiar - Downton Church, Downton Cottage Hospital, Grantham Arms pub. Peek into every alley in this charming hamlet.
Daydream awhile over lunch at the riverside Swan Inn in Swinbrook village. Next stop is Cogges and its historic manor house (Downton Abbey’s Yew Tree Farm). Linger at Shilton’s 18th-century humped-back bridge next to a bubbling brook.
We can pre-book skip-the-line Castle tickets for you.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private vehicle
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Highclere Castle
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Highclere Castle Highclere Park, Newbury RG20 9RN England
Downton Abbey in all its majestic splendour!
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Highclere, Highclere, Hampshire, England
5,000 acre estate with walled gardens and sumptuous rolling countryside.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Bampton, Bampton, Oxfordshire, England
Charming Cotswolds village which doubles up as the fictional Yorkshire village of Downton.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: St Mary's Church, Church Place, Bampton OX18 2LY England
Discover where Lady Edith was jilted at the altar!
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Bampton Library Old Grammar School Church View, Bampton OX18 2NE England
Guided walking of Downton Abbey movie site locations tour starts and finishes here.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Swinbrook, Swinbrook, Burford, Cotswolds, England
Picturesque Cotswolds village where Lady Sybil and Branson planned their elopement in an idyllic Cotswolds pub.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Cogges Manor Farm, Church Lane, Witney OX28 3LA England
Important heritage site with 13th-century manor house and historic farm buildings - used as Downton Abbey's Yew Tree Farm where Lady Edith'd illegitimate daughter Marigold was brought up.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Shilton, UK
Cotswolds village with a particularly tranquil setting where a ford crosses a bubbling brook - and where the Old Forge building was transformed into the Red Lion pub where Mr. Bates found work after leaving Downton Abbey.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Cotswolds, Cotswolds, England
Area of Outstanding Natural Beuaty - its stunning!
Pass By: Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, England
West Oxfordshire in the Cotswolds has some of the most picturesque sightseeing in England - undulating hills, rural agriculture, quaint villages and hamlets, honey-coloured limestone cottages, thatched roofing and dry stone walls - it's beautiful!
Pass By: Burford, Burford, Cotswolds, England
Historical market town referred to as the 'Gateway to the Cotswolds'.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We also pickup from any Central London Vacation Residence and Embankment Tube Station.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- COVID-19 Special Measures. The health and safety of our guests is always our top priority here at BCHT. We are putting in place some extra special measures for all future tour activities: All our vehicles will be sanitised with disinfectant cleaning by their owner drivers immediately after each service. Presentation stops will be conducted in quiet open air locations – away from crowded hotspots. Driver Guide hosts shall wash and sanitise their hands on a frequent basis throughout each service. Hand sanitiser will be available to all of our guests at all times while on tour. Standard measures which enhance your protection: The transparent partition screen provides a unique private passenger compartment for the passengers. A safe distance exists between guests and their Driver Guide hosts – exceeding the current minimum 2 metres set by government guidelines. The passenger compartment has a separately controlled air-conditioning system.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.