Drave, The Magical Village - Walking Guided Tour
This tour starts in Regoufe. A remote village in the Arada montain range that during the two World Wars of the last century had a singular importance. From its subsoil, and from the mountains around it were extracted and exported tons of wolfram for the manufacturing of war material for Allied forces. The ruins and the stories of that time are there to be discovered...
Going down the mountain, always with the beautiful valley of the Paivô river alongside us, the walk keeps on going until we see Drave. Surrounded by high hills, Drave is indeed a magical place. A mythical, uninhabited village, apparently lost on the Mountain, which can only be reached on foot, along this route. Crossed by the Palhais creek, it offers us dream scenarios that will stay in our memory for a long time.
An incursion into the imaginary and history of the rural man of the past centuries.
per adult from
5 to 6 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Bottled water
- All Fees and Taxes
- Interpretative Guide along the walk
- Photo Report
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
- Lunch - Typical meal can be reserved under request.
- Pick-up and drop-off outside Arouca. We can provide it under request.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Drave, Aveiro 4540-282 Portugal
An abandoned village in Arada Mountain
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Regoufe, 4540 Arouca, Portugal
The starting point of the hike. A village that used to have a wolfram mine during the WW2
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Av. 25 de Abril 22A, 4540-118 Arouca, Portugal
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up and drop off within the region of Arouca it's included.Pick up and drop off in Porto, have an addition cost of 60.00€ per car (up to 6 people).Airports
- Porto Airport, Porto Portugal
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 9/23/2019 - 10/31/2021
Monday - Sunday: 09:30 AM - 02:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not recommended for travelers with serious medical conditions
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.