Düsseldorf's culinary soul
Experience the culinary diversity of Düsseldorf's old town.
Incl. various tastings and some culinary souvenirs
Meet salespeople on the popular Carlsplatz
per adult from
What's included :
- 180-minute guided tour
- Snacks - Various tastings
- Culinary souvenirs
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Altstadt, Heinrich-Heine-Allee, 40213 Dusseldorf, North Rhine-Westphalia Germany
Düsseldorf's old town is actually one of the largest food markets in the world. The culinary variety that is offered in the romantic alleys on a few square meters is revealed on our 3-hour tour. On our tour you will get to know the brewery culture and immerse yourself in the world of spices and Düsseldorf's mostert. The highlight: We walk through our famous weekly market, Carlsplatz, and meet market traders who offer olive oil, wine and cheese from all over the world.
Have you always wanted to get to know our world-famous bread maker? And - are you interested in why we only drink the Killepitsch "out of the window"? Then you should take part in the expedition in Düsseldorf's culinary soul. On our way there are small samples of local food culture and culinary souvenirs. A feast for gourmets and other foodies.
This is how history becomes exciting: Among other things, you will learn why the Gothic church St.Lambertus has a leaning tower, how the equestrian statue of the popular elector Jan Wellem was created, where Heinrich Heine was born, and how the tailor Wibbel became famous. The Burgplatz with the castle tower offers a charming picture. The Rheinuferpromenade is just a few steps away, from where you can enjoy a wonderful view of the Düsseldorf skyline and the Oberkasseler Ufer.
Departure Point :Marktplatz, Marktpl., 40213 Düsseldorf, Germany
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.