Dubai Overnight Safari: Red Dunes, Camel Trek& BBQs at Al Khayma Camp
This overnight desert safari in Dubai is for those who want to ‘live’ desert life in real! Experience desert delights viz. dune bashing, camel riding, camping, bbq dinner & dance shows, and above all, stay overnight in typical Bedouin style with a sunrise camel trek.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick-up and drop off at your selected hotel/ location
- Transportation by 4WD air-conditioned Land Cruiser
- English-speaking licensed driver
- Dune bashing (30-45 minutes)
- Camel ride experience (can be repeated)
- Unlimited mineral water and soft drinks
- Camel feeding & Sunset photo stop
- Al Khayma Desert Camp visit ( Shared camp )
- Gaymat (sweets), Gahwa (coffee), and dates
- Henna painting for ladies
- Arabian makeover with Falcon photos
- Shisha pipe (hubble bubble flavour)
- Tanura and Ladies Khaliji Dance
- Barbecue buffet with vegetarian and non-vegetarian options
- Overnight stay in Bedouin tent (Nawar bed -Bedouin style bed)
- Night desert guide
- Rogag (Arabic bread) & Chai (Arabic Tea) at night
- Pillows and blankets
- Shower room facility without towels
- Morning Camel trekking (15-20 minutes)
- Morning Arabic breakfast
- Entry/Admission - OceanAir Travels
- Entry/Admission - Al Khayma Desert Safari Camp
- Entry/Admission - Al Khayma (OceanAir Travels Desert Camp)
What's excluded :
- Any other expenses not mentioned
- Quad Bike “ ATV” options (available on request)
- Alcoholic beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: OceanAir Travels, Al Nasr Palace Building, Shop #02, Ground Floor, Oud Metha, Dubai, U.A.E, Dubai 118131 United Arab Emirates
We will first pick you from your hotel or location in a comfortable 4WD Land Cruiser and will journey to the Lahbab desert.
A short break... Once at the desert, we will take a 20 minutes break before your safari starts. You can relax there, availing bathroom / toilet facilities or opting a Quad bike ride, while we prepare our vehicle for the off-road dune drive.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Lahbab - Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Desert adventure time... Soon we go for a dune bashing ride that lasts 30-45 minutes. You can feel that peculiar excitement as your Land Cruiser climbs up and slides down the sand dunes. Then try the adventure sport - desert dubai sandboarding. Stand on the wooden board provided, balance yourself and glide over the desert sands.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Al Khayma Desert Safari Camp, Al Awir, Dubai United Arab Emirates
Welcome to Al Khayma... Next we will head to Al Khayma - a Bedouin type campsite. We will lead you to your own tent (Khayma) inside the camp. Get seated there, tasting Qahwa (Arabic coffee), Gaymat (sweets), Dates, as the sign of welcome.
Time for ‘desert ship ride’... Go for a Camel ride around the camp premises and depending on the time, and own luck, view the desert sunset from a high dune.
Free at leisure... Back at Al Khayma Camp, spend your time trying Shisha smoking, Henna painting. Put on local Arabian cloth and pose for photos with Falcon.
Entertainment begins... At the camp center stage, a Tanoura dance will be performed first. You will soon be invited for a lavish buffet dinner full of Barbecue dishes. At the stage, the Ladies Khaliji Dance will keep you entertained.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Al Khayma (OceanAir Travels Desert Camp), Al Awir - دبي - United Arab Emirates
Experience the desert life in full with an overnight stay in the camp. We will take you on Camelback near to the camp area where a fire is arranged for you. We will then give a demonstration session on how to make Arabic coffee/tea. Relax in the night sitting by the campfire, enjoying the silence of the desert and the dark sky above. Our guide will add fun with interesting desert stories. When it’s time for sleep, we will return to the camp. Get back to your tent for a good sleep with the provided Bedouin-style bed, pillow, and blanket.
Wake up 15 minutes earlier the sunrise time for witnessing that view. Our guide will take you to the desert on the Camel caravan, that is waiting outside the camp. Go for about 10-15 minutes Camel trekking. And capture that nice view of sunrise over sand dunes.
Have a freshly cooked Arabian breakfast by 7:30 - 8:00 am, at Al Khayma - a perfect conclusion for your overnight desert safari in Dubai! Later we will drop you back at your hotel or location.
Duration: 11 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Complimentary Pickup is available from Dubai, Sharjah & Ajman hotels, apartments, and Cruise terminal Dubai ( Port Rashid ). Pickup from DXB Airport available from Holiday Inn Airport hotel. Pickup from Bab Al Shams, Al Maha resort, and Jebel Ali is available with an additional fee.Ports
- Cruise Terminal 2, Port Rashid - Dubai, Dubai - Port Rashid - Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please wear sports shoes for safe sand boarding
- It is recommended not to eat 2-3 hours before the safari trip to avoid any vomiting / sickness during the dune bashing
- Entertainment activities:- During the holy month of Ramadan (23 April - 23 May 2020) you can watch Tanoura and Fire shows only in our desert camps (Al Khayma) as there will be some restrictions for Ladies Khaliji Dance. Other religious holidays as per UAE law i.e. 3rd April, 10 & 31st Aug, 9th Nov etc there will not be any entertainment activities in the camps as its strictly not permitted by UAE law.
- It is not recommended to carry jewellery, expensive watches or cell phones as the phone signal is not working in the desert.
- Your belongings are your own responsibility and OceanAir is not responsible for any lost belongings in during the trip and in case if we found any belongings we try our best to deliver to whom they belong to.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- OceanAir Travels shall not be responsible for any kind of loss, accident, sickness or injury. It is advisable that the traveler should avail a travel health insurance as there can be chances of potential risks and hazards. Also, make sure they are mentally and physically able to participate.
- Luggage is not allowed to carry during the tour, only a small backpack is allowed.
- Please note that if your skin is sensitive to henna, it is advised not to do it.
- Pickup will be within 45min prior your selected departure time. Please be ready at the hotel lobby on time
- Kindly share your Whatsapp number for an easy communication during the pickup
- By UAE law, pregnant ladies, anyone with back or neck pain, heart problems or other serious medical complaints and infants (under 3 years old) are not allowed during the dune bashing activity by car. (If this conditions are applicable to you, please contact our Consultant to customize your tour
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 200 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.