Dublin Gravedigger Ghost Tour
Do you want to find out what happened to the lost souls of medieval, plague-ravaged Dublin? This bus tour is your chance to do just that! Visit eerie yet impressive local sites such as Dublin Castle where haunting historical events took place. Learn how gravediggers snatched bodies at local cemeteries. Don't miss out on this opportunity to discover Dublin's haunted past and find traces of the city’s sinister legacy on this ghost-filled walking tour.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- Complimentary ghoulish drink at the Gravediggers Pub (alternative beverage for children)
- Free pass for ‘Haunted Dublin Historical Walking Tour’ (taken separately)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Extreme Ireland, Dublin Ireland
Tour departs from 37 College Green, Dublin 2
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: St. Audoen's Church, High St, Merchants Quay, Dublin 8, Ireland
The gravedigger ghost bus tour starts at Trinity College where your guide will transport you back some 600 years ago to when the old Augustinian Priory and of course the plague house were there. The latter of which the guide is all too familiar with… But just ignore the coughing and listen to his tales of a plague-ravaged Dublin.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Kilmainham Gaol Museum, Inchicore Road, Dublin D08 T2X5 Ireland
Hear an account of plague victims trying to soothe their wounds in the waters of the city’s drinking supplies.
Learn about the mayors schemes to try and keep the disease at bay, and discover the fates of all those poor souls who found themselves infected with the disease. Many were ostracised, but some suffered an end much, much worse.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Bully's Acre, 687 S Circular Rd, Saint James' (part of Phoenix Park), Dublin, Co. Dublin, Ireland
Many believed that the plague was the end of days, but the history of Dublin and its horrors continued. Join your guide as he takes you through the weird and wonderful events that have taken place in times gone by, unearthing legends and ghosts from Dublin’s past.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: John Kavanagh The Gravediggers, 1 Prospect Square, Glasnevin, Dublin, D09 CF72, Ireland
This tour includes a free ghoulish (alcoholic) drink at The Gravedigger's Pub in Glasnevin. Learn the history of Gravedigging at the haunted gates of Glasnevin Cemetery.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Irish Day Tours, 37 College Green, Dublin, D02 W599, Ireland
Arrive back in the city centre at 10pm.
Duration: 5 minutes
Departure Point :Fox House, 37 College Green, Dublin, D02 W599, Ireland
Departure Time :7:45 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 14 years
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 47 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Face masks are provided at an extra cost Please note the H&S measures may change due to government guidelines.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.