Dubrovnik City Walls Walk
Join us on a tour which will fully immerse you into true Dubrovnik's essence - the becoming of our unique and mesmerising city walls. Whichever brochure, add or pamflet you see about Dubrovnik, the spotlight will illuminate only one landmark in most occasions, the amazing city walls of old Ragusa. This is your one of a kind opportunity to find out about Dubrovnik and Croatia - their foundations, growth, zenith, fall, communism, recent war from 1991 and current times. Our guides will captivate you with their stories while you'll have so many photo opportunities you probably won't move your finger from the shutter. Our groups are smaller, our guides are local, they have an official license and they are fun. Also, visiting the walls will be a moderate workout since there are about 1.000 stairs, but just like with anything in life - if you want great photos and tales to tell after your holidays, it's worth putting a little bit of effort into it :)
per adult from
What's included :
- Official local licensed tour guide
What's excluded :
- City walls ticket - 200 kunas per person (app. 28 euros)
- Entry/Admission - Old Town
- Entry/Admission - Walls of Dubrovnik
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Old Town, Dubrovnik Croatia
This tour is unique because of the view from the walls. City walls are surrounding an area which we call the old town of Dubrovnik (we don't call the rest of Dubrovnik new town). This is where we will be spending our entire tour's time. We'll enjoy amazing views and admire old times, when technology was not available and all was done by hand and on foot, occasionally with the help of animals to help carry the weight. City walls have roughly 1.000 stairs and they were serving 6.000 people as protection. They are 2 km (roughly 1 mile) long. Today, there are around 1.000 locals still living in the old town and the city walls serve all of us as a reminder of our glorious past. As we walk the full length of the walls, we'll see orange rooftops from above that were once originally made in Dubrovnik's suburb from local clay; we'll also see Stradun street, our main avenue from above, domes of different churches, such as Franciscan Church, Dominican Church, Cathedral, Church of St. Blaise... There's not only a view on this tour, but also a story, interestingly told by our expert local, officialy licensed tour guides who'll teleport you to the Middle Ages and back in a blink of an eye.
Entrance to the old town is not charged, because it is a living area, while entrance to the city walls is 200 kunas per person; tickets don't have to be purchased beforehand - they can be paid on the spot, either by cash or card - your guide will show you where.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Walls of Dubrovnik, Placa Ulica 32, Dubrovnik 20000 Croatia
Departure Point :Brsalje ul. 2, 20000, Dubrovnik, Croatia
Return Detail :Stradun, 20000, Dubrovnik, Croatia
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- COVID19 Travel Instructions: Our guides and drivers have been informed about the importance of staying safe and securing our guests.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.