Dubrovnik Walks - Ancient City Walls & Wars 2h Walking Tour
Discover what makes Dubrovnik so special on this historical walking tour of the city’s ancient walls. Dubrovnik is one of the best-preserved medieval walled cities in the world, and its Old Town, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is home to beautiful Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque churches, monasteries, palaces and fountains. On this captivating historical tour, learn the interesting history of this walled city from your knowledgeable local guide as you wander around Dubrovnik's City Walls and see Fort Revelin, Minceta Tower and other Dubrovnik landmarks.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
What's excluded :
- City Walls entrance fee (200 Croatian kuna - approx. 27 euros)
- Entry/Admission - Walls of Dubrovnik
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Dubrovnik Walks, Orange umbrella, Brsalje ul. 8, 20000, Dubrovnik, Croatia
Our meeting point, this is where the guide will meet and greet the guests!
Discover the beauty of Dubrovnik while learning about the city’s interesting past on this historical walking tour. Meet your local guide near Pile Gate for a tour of the ancient city walls, a 1.2-mile (2-km) complex structure built in the 14th century that served as defensive structures to protect the city.
Duration: 2 minutes
Pass By: Old Town, Dubrovnik Croatia
We enter the old town, then head towards the city walls entrance.
Stop At: Walls of Dubrovnik, Placa Ulica 32, Dubrovnik 20000 Croatia
We will stop to buy the city walls tickets and then we will walk the city walls.
Marvel at the beautiful blue colors of the Adriatic Sea and admire breathtaking views of the port and the Old Town, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, while your guide takes you through the history of the city walls.
In the 11th century, the sea channel separating the city from mainland was covered up with earth, so a single wall was built to enclose the present-day Old Town. The city walls have been restored several times in history to resemble their original appearance. With your guide, see Fort Revelin and Minceta Tower within the city walls (entrance fees not included), and learn the strategic position of these forts and their role in Dubrovnik's history. You will also see Fort Lovrijenac in the distance, the only fort that belongs to the city walls but it's physically separated from them, and which you may visit after the tour.
As you wander around Dubrovnik's ancient walls, your guide will explain the defensive and political challenges faced by Dubrovnik in the past. Hear stories of the rivalry and conquest Dubrovnik has faced and learn the secrets of how the country used defensive fortifications and diplomacy to remain an independent republic for several years, before ending your tour near the port.
*Entrance fee to City Walls not included in price.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Porat, Ribarnica ul. 1, 20000, Dubrovnik, Croatia
This tour ends close to the old town port
Duration: 2 minutes
Departure Point :Dubrovnik Walks, Orange umbrella, Brsalje ul. 8, 20000, Dubrovnik, Croatia
Return Detail :Porat, Ribarnica ul. 1, 20000, Dubrovnik, Croatia
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- City walls entrance fee is ***NOT*** included in the price of the tour. You can buy tickets on spot, upon entering the walls, or use Dubrovnik Card.
- A minimum of 4 people per tour is required for winter/spring season (Nov-Mar). Reservation is required for this period.
- All children aged 0-5 are welcome to join this tour for free. They are eligible for a free walls entrance as well
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- City Walls entrance fee of 50 kn per child (cca 7 Eur) applies to children over 5 years (not included in the tour price).
- Stairs on this tour!!!
- Due to the stairs, this tour is not suitable for everyone!
- No restroom stops
- Not recommended for travelers that don't like walking the stairs
- If you are booking during the summer months, please do expect hot weather. We have a Mediterranean climate, if you cannot stand the heath, please don't book this tour, as we can only find a limited number of stops in shade (the walls are made that way)
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- This year, we offer free use of sanitized head set devices in groups of 4+, so that social distancing can be maintained. In previous years this was the case in groups of 13+ travelers.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.