Dunn's River Falls & Luminous Lagoon Guided Tour from Montego Bay
Delight in an amazing afternoon tour that includes Dunn's River Falls, Luminous Lagoon and a brief stop at Coconut Tree Rest Stop, Discovery Bay. A lunch stop will also be made (additional cost).
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned bus
- Local taxes
- Entry/Admission - Dunn's River Falls and Park
- Entry/Admission - Luminous Lagoon Glistening Waters
What's excluded :
- Lunch (available to purchase)
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Rose Hall Great House, Rose Hall, Montego Bay Jamaica
This Rose Hall Great House is an early 18th century plantation home that sits on a high elevation on thousands of acres in Rose Hall, Montego Bay. The Rose Hall Great House was once owned by the famous and certainly one of the wickedest plantation owners to walk the land of Jamaica, Annie Palmer. She owned hundreds of slaves. This house became haunted after her gruesome death in 1831. The house is scary to look at even in the daytime. There is no stop at the Rose all Great House on your way to Negril however, your tour guide will tell you the history and slow down so that you can take photos.
Pass By: Greenwood Great House, 435 Belgrade Ave, Montego Bay Jamaica
The Greenwood Great House (Plantation home) was constructed in the early 18th Century. Like most, if not all the other Great Houses in Jamaica, the Greenwood Great House was built at high elevation. One could say that this was a strategy used back in the plantation era as a means of overlooking the plantation and also for security purposes. This house, unlike the Rose Hall Great House, is not haunted but of a more peaceful and relaxing atmosphere. The history and the architecture of the house is what will blow you away. As you pass by, feel free to take photos when your tour guide slows down.
Stop At: Discovery Bay, Discovery Bay, Saint Ann Parish, Jamaica
The town of Discovery Bay is where you will find Columbus Park. It was originally named Puerto Seco “Dry Harbour” by Christopher Columbus in 1494 when he and his men landed on the Island. It is said that could not find fresh water to drink. They later found fresh water in another area about 5 miles west of the town. The water was so good that they named the location where it was found Rio Bueno “Good River”. However, the town of Puerto Seco was later renamed in 1947 to Discovery Bay because Discovery Bay is where the Spanish, lead by Christopher Columbus landed when they invaded the Island on May 4, 1494. There is a park with several old relics and artifacts on display (Park temporarily close for renovations). There will be a brief stop to take photos and capture the rich history of this historic town.
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Runaway Bay, Jamaica
This tour takes you through one of the most popular towns on the Island. Runaway Bay is naturally beautiful and is certainly one of the most scenic areas in Jamaica. It sits between the beautiful, crisp coastline to one side and the lush green mountains to the other. There is much debate as to how the town of Runaway Bay got its name. some people believe it got the name because that is where the last batch of Spanish soldiers ran away from when they were retreating from the attacking British Troops lead by Governor Ysassi right after the 1655 British invasion of Jamaica, while other argue that it was the point from which the Slaves from inland plantations used as an escape route to runaway to Cuba. Get your cameras ready to go as you make your way through this area.
Pass By: Ocho Rios, Ocho Rios, Saint Ann Parish, Jamaica
The heartbeat of the garden parish of St. Ann, the resort area of Ocho Rios is the nature lover’s paradise. As previously thought to be watered by eight rivers (as its name suggests) Ocho Rios provides a lush landscape of caves, gardens, rivers and white sand beaches. The name Ocho Rios actually derives from “Las Choreras” meaning “waterfalls” and may be a reflection of the many waterfalls in the area. From the Fern Gully located in the remains of an old river bed to the tiered waterfalls of Dunn’s River, Blue Hole and the Secret Falls, arguably, Jamaica’s most popular attractions, Ocho Rios draws thousands of visitors back to arguably the island’s most romantic, picturesque resort area.
Ocho Rios is a small “Colonial Styled Town” with a population of approximately 25 thousand. “The Centerpiece of Jamaica”, Ocho Rios provides a range of activities from golf to watersports to equestrian and soft adventure activities. The area is approximately equidistant between the island’s two cities – Kingston and Montego Bay, providing excellent access from both international airports. The birthplace of Bob Marley and Marcus Garvey, Ocho Rios offers a variety of cultural experiences – Marley’s mausoleum at Nine Miles, Reggae Xplosion and Seville Heritage Park all help to chronicle Jamaica’s experience in story and song.
Stop At: Dunn's River Falls and Park, Ocho Rios Jamaica
A rare experience awaits you as your tour guide take you to the world famous Dunns River Falls. By now, you should be wearing your swimsuits so all you have to do is to meet with your resident guide, go through the briefing, sign the waiver form and get on with the fun at hand. Your friendly resident guide will walk you do to the beach where the tour starts. The total climb from the beach to the top is approximately 600ft (183 meters). There are pools along the way where you will stop for photo shoots. If you are unable to complete the climb it's no problem - there are exit points along the way. Your total time at Dunns River Falls will be approx. 1 hour 45 minutes. Feel free to ask your tour guide just to point out the areas of the falls that featured in the James Bond movie (Doctor No).
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Scotchies Drax Hall, St Ann's Bay, Jamaica
Scotchies Outdoor Garden Restaurant is undoubtedly the best jerk chicken and pork spots you can find anywhere. We recommend that you cap off your day’s activities with a stop for the ultimate jerk experience at Scotchies. The food is prepared with the whole family in mind so even the children can take advantage of this amazing experience of tender juicy pork and succulent chicken with festival. Steamed vegetable is also available for non-meat eaters. Don’t forget to challenge the homemade Scotchies specialty hot sauce made from local sun ripened Scotch Bonnet Pepper.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Luminous Lagoon Glistening Waters, Falmouth, Jamaica
Glistening Waters in Falmouth is home to the rare wonder, the Luminous Lagoon adventure. As you get on the terrace you will be greeted by a Glistening Waters Representative who welcomes you and take you directly to the bar where you are served a healthy drink of rum punch or fruit punch (take your pick). You will also be feted briefly with age old Jamaican dance moves - a mix of the African and British dance cultures. At the end of the entertainment which is about 6:45pm you will board your boat (The boats have low sides and outboard engines) and set out for a one hour adventure. Get your cameras ready to take photos of the fishes as they pass by with a glow! Word has it that if you swim in the water it makes you look 10 years younger! Be sure to take your swimsuits and towels along with you in case you wish to take a short swim. Your captain is very knowledgeable and will give you all the history - feel free to engage.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pickup from most Montego Bay hotels. All travelers are required to contact us at least 24 hours prior to the day of the tour to reconfirm your booking and arrange your pickup at a central location.
Departure Time :12:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant meals not included
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Dress code is casual
- It is recommended that you bring cash, a towel, a bathing suit, comfortable clothing, water shoes and a camera
- Not recommended for participants with back problems. Use your discretion
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Child car seats available
- A minimum of 4 persons are required for this tour to take place. Tour may be rescheduled, another option suggested or canceled if we do not meet the minimum number of persons required.
- Due to the nature of this tour and the safety of all guests, customer may be prevented from participating if found to be intoxicated or show signs of intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is canceled, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- There is a possibility that the pickup time might be changed base on the local traffic or inclement weather conditions.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- We are COVID-19 health and safety certified by the Tourism Product Development Company Ltd. and can be found on the Government of Jamaica's COVID-19 Protocol Compliant Approved Listings.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.