Dunn's River Falls and Ocho Rios Shopping Tour from Grand Palladium Resorts
Enjoy this Ocho Rios day-trip that includes pick up at your resort lobby, a brief stop at Coconut Tree
Rest Stop. Dunn's River Fall, Ocho Rios shopping and lunch at Scotchies Outdoor Garden
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Admission to Dunns River Falls & Park
- Hotel pick up & drop off (selected hotels)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional tour guide
- Skip the line access
- Entry/Admission - Dunn's River Falls and Park
What's excluded :
- Lunch & drinks (Available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos & videos (Available to purchase)
- Gratuities (Left to the customer's discretion)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Rose Hall Great House, Rose Hall, Montego Bay Jamaica
This Rose Hall Great House is an early 18th century plantation home that sits on a high elevation on thousands of acres in Rose Hall, Montego Bay. The Rose Hall Great House was once owned by the famous and certainly one of the wickedest plantation owners to walk the land of Jamaica, Annie Palmer. She owned hundreds of slaves. This house became haunted after her gruesome death in 1831. The house is scary to look at even in the daytime. There is no stop at the Rose all Great House on your way to Negril however, your tour guide will tell you the history and slow down so that you can take photos.
Pass By: Greenwood Great House, 435 Belgrade Ave, Montego Bay Jamaica
The Greenwood Great House (Plantation home) was constructed in the early 18th Century. Like most, if not all the other Great Houses in Jamaica, the Greenwood Great House was built at high elevation. One could say that this was a strategy used back in the plantation era as a means of overlooking the plantation and also for security purposes. This house, unlike the Rose Hall Great House, is not haunted but of a more peaceful and relaxing atmosphere. The history and the architecture of the house is what will blow you away. As you pass by, feel free to take photos when your tour guide slows down.
Stop At: Discovery Bay, Discovery Bay, Saint Ann Parish, Jamaica
The town of Discovery Bay is where you will find Columbus Park. It was originally named Puerto Seco “Dry Harbour” by Christopher Columbus in 1494 when he and his men landed on the Island. It is said that could not find fresh water to drink. They later found fresh water in another area about 5 miles west of the town. The water was so good that they named the location where it was found Rio Bueno “Good River”. However, the town of Puerto Seco was later renamed in 1947 to Discovery Bay because Discovery Bay is where the Spanish, lead by Christopher Columbus landed when they invaded the Island on May 4, 1494. There is a park with several old relics and artifacts on display (Park temporarily closed for renovations). There will be a brief stop to take photos and capture the rich history of this historic town.
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Runaway Bay, Runaway Bay, Saint Ann Parish, Jamaica
This tour takes you through one of the most popular towns on the Island. Runaway Bay is naturally beautiful and is certainly one of the most scenic areas in Jamaica. It sits between the beautiful, crisp coastline to one side and the lush green mountains to the other. There is much debate as to how the town of Runaway Bay got its name. some people believe it got the name because that is where the last batch of Spanish soldiers ran away from when they were retreating from the attacking British Troops lead by Governor Ysassi right after the 1655 British invasion of Jamaica, while other argue that it was the point from which the Slaves from inland plantations used as an escape route to runaway to Cuba. Get your cameras ready to go as you make your way through this area.
Stop At: Dunn's River Falls and Park, Ocho Rios Jamaica
A rare experience awaits you at the world famous Dunns River Falls where you climb the falls in a human chain led by experienced Falls Guides. Dunn's River Falls Park is the perfect environment for fun and relaxation for the entire family. There is a delightful new discovery around every corner. Your friendly resident guide will walk you do to the beach where the tour starts. The total climb from the beach to the top is approximately 600ft (183 meters). There are pools along the way where you will stop for photo shoots and frolicking. Allow the cascades to hug you while you make your way up. Pause at the 'massage parlour' and experience the soothing effects of the water as it cascades to the sea. There are exit points along the way if you want to quit – If you do, meet up with the rest of your group at the finish. For the less brave - live vicariously. View the activities of the more intrepid from the "safe" vantage point of the terrace or deck. Total time approx. 1 hour 30 minutes.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Ocho Rios Craft Market, Main St, Middlesex, Jamaica
Shopping in Ocho Rios on this day trip will be at the Ocho Rios Craft Market or Similar. A wide variety of items are available in this one area. Items includes rums, coffee, T-shirts, hats, jewelry, wood carving products, arts, etc. Try to take small bills with you when you go on tours because not every place will accept credit cards plus the vendors might not have change in USD and you will end up having to accept a lot of Jamaican dollars as change.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Scotchies Drax Hall, St Ann's Bay, Jamaica
Scotchies Outdoor Garden Restaurant is undoubtedly the best jerk chicken and pork spots you can find anywhere. We recommend that you cap off your day’s activities with a stop for the ultimate jerk experience at Scotchies. The food is prepared with the whole family in mind so even the children can take advantage of this amazing experience of tender juicy pork and succulent chicken with festival. Steamed vegetable is also available for non-meat eaters. Don’t forget to challenge the homemade Scotchies specialty hot sauce made from local sun ripened Scotch Bonnet Pepper.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Ocho Rios, Ocho Rios, Saint Ann Parish, Jamaica
The heartbeat of the garden parish of St. Ann, the resort area of Ocho Rios is the nature lover’s paradise. As previously thought to be watered by eight rivers (as its name suggests) Ocho Rios provides a lush landscape of caves, gardens, rivers and white sand beaches. The name Ocho Rios actually derives from “Las Choreras” meaning “waterfalls” and may be a reflection of the many waterfalls in the area. From the Fern Gully located in the remains of an old river bed to the tiered waterfalls of Dunn’s River, Blue Hole and the Secret Falls, arguably, Jamaica’s most popular attractions, Ocho Rios draws thousands of visitors back to arguably the island’s most romantic, picturesque resort area.
Ocho Rios is a small “Colonial Styled Town” with a population of approximately 25 thousand. “The Centerpiece of Jamaica”, Ocho Rios provides a range of activities from golf to watersports to equestrian and soft adventure activities. The area is approximately equidistant between the island’s two cities – Kingston and Montego Bay, providing excellent access from both international airports. The birthplace of Bob Marley and Marcus Garvey, Ocho Rios offers a variety of cultural experiences – Marley’s mausoleum at Nine Miles, Reggae Xplosion and Seville Heritage Park all help to chronicle Jamaica’s experience in story and song.
There will be a short stop in the town center (Approx. 1 hour) for shopping.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from the Grand Palladium and other hotels in the area. All customers are required to contact us at least 24 hours prior to the day of the tour at the information provided to reconfirm your booking and arrange a central pick up point.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Limited amount of infant seats available
- Limited amount of wheelchair vehicles available
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by a paying adult
- Take cash, camera, towels, swimsuits, water shoes
- Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby/pickup point at least 10 minutes before the scheduled pickup time.
- If you will not be arriving at your destination within the specified reconfirmation period, please reconfirm with us prior to travel, or upon arrival at your destination
- There is a possibility that the pickup time might be changed base on the local traffic or inclement weather conditions
- Customers with the above conditions are required to use their discretion and good judgement if you attempt to participate
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- We are COVID-19 health and safety certified by the Tourism Product Development Company Ltd. and is found on the Government of Jamaica's COVID-19 Protocol Compliant Approved Listings.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.