Dutch Icons tour
Windmills, clogs and cheese
Join me to the beautiful countryside of the Netherlands. The landscape here is as Dutch as you can get it: polders, canals, lakes and neat little villages on the borders of the former Zuiderzee.
Explore Marken and Volendam, traditional and picturesque villages with romantic houses, draw bridges and canals. Enjoy the scenic ride through Dutch scenery where we will also visit a working windmill, a wooden shoe maker and a cheese farm.
Explore the Dutch Icons with your own private guide!
Pick up at your preferred pick up location (your accommodation, the cruise ship terminal or the airport). Scenic ride in the countryside where we will visit the traditional fishing villages, visit a windmill, wooden shoe maker and a cheese farm. There is also time for souvenir shopping and a typical Dutch lunch.
After our tour I will drop you off at your preferred drop off location.
Don't forget to bring a camera! There are many good photo opportunities.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- My services as your private guide
- All Fees and Taxes
- Private transportation
- Entrance fees
- Free pick up and drop off at your accommodation or cruise ship
What's excluded :
- Personal Expenses (souvenirs, food and drinks)
- Entry/Admission - Volendam Marken Express
- Entry/Admission - Schermer Mills
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Volendam Haven, Haven 43, 1131 EP Volendam The Netherlands
Visiting the former fishing village of Volendam for a guided tour of the village
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Volendam Marken Express, Haven 39, 1131 EP Volendam The Netherlands
Boat trip on the Markermeer
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Schermer Mills, Noordervaart 2, 1636 VL Schermerhorn The Netherlands
Visiting a water pumping windmill that was built to keep the Schermer polder dry.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Droogmakerij de Beemster (Beemster Polder), Rijn Middelburgstraat 1, 1462 NV The Netherlands
Unesco world heritage site Beemster (reclaimed land)
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
anywhere in Amsterdam (hotels, airport, Cruise ship ports)
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.