e-Bike - Genal Valley and Jimera Circular - 52km - Moderate Level
This is an extended, circular version of our regular cycling day trip Genal Valley Views, taking advantage of the e-bikes to make the return trip to Ronda, which includes a lot of hill climbing.
The route begins with a steady climb from Ronda up to a mountain ridge and then undulates along the ridge-top road which weaves through the mountains. We ride past the village of Atajate, the smallest white village in Malaga province, with only around 140 inhabitants. Then we take a turn off the main ridge and enjoy a twisting descent down the side of the hill, along 5km of narrow, twisting mountain road, to the bottom of the Guadiaro river valley. We generally take a short refreshment stop here and then head straight back up the other side of the valley. We follow the hillside, with wonderful views along the Guadiaro river. We ride through the small white village of Benaojan and then begin the long gradual climb back up to Ronda.
per adult from
4 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- British Cycling qualified Guide
- Quality pedal assist e-bike
- Water Bottle
What's excluded :
Mountains, river and caves.
Ride south of Ronda into the craggy limestone mountains of the Genal valley. Drop down past Jimera village into the Guadiaro river valley then ride back up into the hills and back up to Ronda. Long climbs, big panoramas and thrilling descents on twisting mountain roads.
• Jimera de Libar, Jimera de Libar, Sierra de Grazalema Natural Park, Province of Cadiz, Andalucia
• Cueva del Gato, Crta Ronda-Benaojan, Ronda Spain
Departure Point :Estacíon de Ronda Adif, Av. Andalucía, 31, 29400 Ronda, Málaga, Spain
Traveler pickup is offered
We arrange all our pickups to be as convenient as possible from Ronda hotels or locations near to where you are staying. Pickup will be arranged by email after confirmation of your booking.
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 14 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.