E Bike the Wild Atlantic Way from Galway. Self guided. Full day.
E-bike along the spectacular Wild Atlantic Way to experience dramatic land & seascapes. Connemara is punctuated by world famous views and sites, unique and ancient heritage and geology.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bike hire, Helmet, Hi-vis vest, Bike, Lock, Map, Emergency support.
- Public bus return ticket from Galway city to Clifden town.
What's excluded :
- Transportation to/from start point at bus station in Galway city
- Food & drink
- Take in the wild Irish land and seascapes of the beautiful and dramatic Wild Atlantic Way in Connemara, as you meander along quiet country lanes and rugged coastal routes on this self-guided cycling day tour around Connemara. This tour includes return public bus tickets from Galway city. There are lots of breathtaking routes to choose from including a ride along the famous and scenic Sky Road as well as the haunting Bog Road.
After arriving in Clifden by bus, collect your bike, equipment and maps in this charming market town. You are free to choose which cycling routes to take:
You can enjoy a scenic ride from Clifden along the haunting bog road to Roundstone. Take your time to admire the beautiful coasts of Connemara and make a stop at Alcock & Brown Memorial, the landing site of the very first trans Atlantic flight and Derrygimlagh (2h 15min - 40 km; 25 miles);
From Clifden, follow the Sky Road and gaze at the stunning view and its wide range of scenery. Make a stop at Clifden Castle to explore this charming ruin. (1h - 11 km; 6.8 miles);
Travel to Tullycross, and then take the Connemara Loop to discover the beautiful Peninsula of Renvyle and the former castle of the pirate queen Grace O’Malley. (3h - 50 km; 31 miles);
Another suggestion is to ride along the Wild Atlantic Way to the charming fishing village of Cleggan. Pass by Claddaghduff and its beautiful Omey Beach and appreciate the beautiful coastal landscapes.(1h 30min - 23 km; 14.2 miles)
Departure Point :1: 17 Forster St, Galway, H91 AC67, Ireland
2: All Things Connemara, Market St, Clifden, Co. Galway, H71 DW67, Ireland
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- E-bikes are only for hire to people of 18 years of age and older who weigh less than 110kgs/240lbs
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.