Early Access Guided Tour to Chichen Itza with Lunch Buffet
TOP 3 MEXICO TRIPADVISOR AWARDS 2020 WINNER
Gain essential insights into Mexico’s past on a visit to Chichen Itza with a private archaeologist. Miss the crowds, heat (98°F) and humidity (65%), by visiting in the early morning, and see parts of the site that traditional tours don’t visit. With meeting point from Cancun, experience the majesty of the entire Chichen Itza site and receive personalized attention from your professionally certified guide. After the tour you will enjoy a lunch buffet.
We care about your safety and we guarantee a safe route by toll road to Chichen Itza
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide, according to selected option
- Round transportation from the meeting points
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Toll Road
- Buffet Lunch
- Entry/Admission - Chichen Itza
What's excluded :
- Drinks (available to purchase)
- All visitors to Chichen Itza need to pay a local tax of $417 mxn. Only credit card payment.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chichen Itza Mexico
Your tour begins with an early morning departure. Arriving at Chichen Itza, join your specialized guide for an in-depth tour of the site, and enjoy the tranquility of your early-morning visit before the crowds arrive.
Throughout the trip, your archaeological guide’s commentary provides essential background to the well-preserved site of Chichen Itza. Learn how this large pre-Colombian city played an important role in Mayan civilization from around A.D. 600 to 1200, and remained a center of worship and pilgrimage until the arrival of the Spanish. Even today, it is still considered a sacred site by the Yucatán peninsula’s Maya population.
Like many of ancient Mexico’s cities, the site was abandoned, and its ruins were hidden by jungle. Hear how the site was discovered and unearthed by archaeologists, gaining UNESCO protection and considered today one of the New Seven Wonders of the World.
Your guide will explain the philosophy, cosmology and mythology behind this ancient site, such as the meaning of the stone carvings, pyramids, platforms, ball courts and staircases.
Visit the Observatory, Temple of the Jaguars, Temple of the Warriors and of course the famous El Castillo, also known as the Temple of Kukulkan.
Return around 3:00 p.m. With this Viator Exclusive, your early morning trip to Chichen Itza helps you to beat the crowds so you can enjoy the remainder of the afternoon at your own leisure!
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :1: Cancún, Quintana Roo, Mexico
2: Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Mexico
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- It is recommended that you bring comfortable walking shoes and camera
- Note: An additional fee is required for the use of video camera at the site. The fee is between $10USD to $25USD (depending on the device) and must be paid directly on site on the day of the tour
- Note: The tour is on shared basis and there is a private guide per each group of up to 20 people
- Please note that all visitors to Chichen Itza will need to pay a local tax of $417 mxn. Only credit card payment the day ot the tour
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- We care about your safety and we guarantee a safe route by toll road to Chichen Itza.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 60 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.