Early access to Vatican Museums before Morning Opening
Don’t miss this chance to visit the Sistine Chapel as a real VIP. If you hate the crowds and you want to admire this artistic masterpiece in absolute peace, this tour (that comes with a professional art history expert or with an audioguide for a self-guided tour) is the perfect choice for you. VIP entry means a privileged access to the Sistine Chapel through a special door before any other other groups and before the general public. After the Sistine Chapel, you will explore the Vatican Museums.
per adult from
1 to 4 hours
What's included :
- DVD souvenir (only for the at your pace tour option)
- Skip-the-line access
- Guided tour in English (only for the Guided tour)
- Access to St. Peter's Basilica (only for the Guided tour)
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - St. Peter's Basilica
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Hotel drop-off
- Hotel pickup
- Transportation to/from attractions
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sistine Chapel, Viale Vaticano, 00165 Vatican City Italy
Without having seen the Sistine Chapel it is not possible to form an appreciable idea of what a single man is capable of obtaining. ' The Sistine Chapel dedicated to Maria Assunta in Cielo is one of the most famous cultural and artistic treasures of the Vatican City. It was built between 1475 and 1481, at the time of Pope Sixtus IV of the oak, from which it took its name.
It is known throughout the world both to be the place where the conclave and other official ceremonies of the Pope are held both to be decorated with one of the most famous and celebrated works of art of the Western artistic civilization, the frescoes of Michelangelo Buonarroti, which cover the Vault (1508-1512) and the bottom wall with the last Judgement over the altar (1535-1541).
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Vatican Museums occupy most of the Belvedere's vast courtyard and are one of the largest art collections in the world, since they exhibit the huge collection of works of art accumulated over the centuries by the popes: the Sistine Chapel and the papal apartments frescoed by Michelangelo and Raphael are part of the works that visitors can admire in their path.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: St. Peter's Basilica, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
The grandeur of the seventeenth century façade of Carlo Maderno makes the idea of the colossal dimensions of the Basilica of St. Peter, still one of the largest churches in the world.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Viale Vaticano, 100, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
Departure Time :7:20 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements.
- Visitors must pass through metal detectors at the security check point. Please expect to wait 20-30 minutes to clear security.
- The cloakroom staff will accept visitors’ bags and personal belongings (regardless of the form, material, or dimension of the object), with the exception of clothing items, hats, and portable umbrellas. The following must be left in the cloakroom: suitcases; backpacks and containers with dimensions larger than 40 x 35 x 15 centimeters; bags and packs that are cumbersome, except for small-sized bags that are carried on the shoulder, and don't jut out more than 15 centimeters from the body; any umbrella with a spike tip, and umbrellas of medium and large size; walking sticks (except those required by disabled visitors); tripods for cameras and video cameras; and signage of any kind.
- Important: The Basilica is an active place of worship and may be closed without prior notice for religious events: in this case the visit will be substituted by a visit to the Vatican Library.
- Access to St. Peter's basilica and live tour guide are provided only with the Guided tour option.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.