East MacDonnell Ranges 1 Day 4WD Tour
Discover the beautiful East MacDonnell Ranges on this fascinating 1 day tour. Departing from Alice Springs, explore beautiful locations, stunning wildlife and local history. Feast on a delicious morning tea and picnic lunch amongst nature.
Witness the unique natural beauty of Trephina Gorge with some of the best walks in Australia
Enjoy a delicious morning tea and picnic lunch
Visit the ghost mining town of Arltunga
Explore the Emily and Jessie Gaps Nature Park and Corroboree Rock of great significance to local Aboriginal people
Take a picture of one of the largest Ghost Gum in Australia
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Experienced and friendly guide
- Modern air-conditioned 4 wheel drive vehicle (minivan or car)
- Snacks, fruit and complimentary water throughout the day
- Morning tea and gourmet picnic lunch
- Complimentary accommodation pick-up and drop off
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Explore the beautiful East MacDonnell Ranges, bearing ancient formations that reveal geological formations, picturesque gorges and Aboriginal Dreamtime stories. See evidence of early European mining adventures and enjoy a delicious picnic. Walk through the Trephina Gorge and discover superb and diverse scenery.The contrasting hues of the bright blue skies and quartzite rock formations bring all the colors of Central Australia into vivid detail.
Explore Arltunga, the boomtown at the heart of the 18th century gold rush. Discover this wonderfully well-preserved ghost town, with the restored police station, old gaol and mine shafts. Get a glimpse into the Australia’s distant past and experience what life was like for these hardy prospectors of the Outback.
Enjoy a delicious picnic lunch once you have worked up an appetite and stop lastly at Emily and Jessie Gaps. These picturesque gaps are of major spiritual significance to the Eastern Arrernte Aboriginal people and are registered sacred sites that include sacred paintings. An easy walk at Emily Gap takes you to a large rock painting depicting this ancient Aboriginal song line.
• Experienced and friendly guide
• Modern air-conditioned 4 wheel drive vehicle
• Snacks, fruit and complimentary water throughout the day
• Morning tea and picnic lunch
• Complimentary accommodation pick-up and drop off
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please be ready 15 minutes prior the pickup time
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 8 years
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those using a wheelchair
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.