East Village History Walking Tour
Discover the story of the East Village district with our local guide during this history tour. The East Village District was one of the original commerce districts in the city. It is home to significant buildings including the State Capitol and many others on the National Register of Historic Places. The area includes the Northwestern Hotel which was home to railroad workers in the past.
Learn the history about the vibrant past of this area of Des Moines
Experience personal service by our local professional tour host
View historic photos from the past on your mobile device
per adult from
What's included :
- Expert local history guide
- Historic photo access on mobile device
What's excluded :
- Gratuity for your guide
- Souvenirs and snacks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Des Moines, Des Moines, Iowa
Walk through history with our local history buff. Hear the stories of historic downtown Downtown including Union Station. The stories include financial, political and pioneer as you stroll the updated yet historic streets.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :350 E Locust St, Des Moines, IA 50309, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.