Eastbound Pennsylvania Turnpike: End boredom with part 3 of an audio drive
This self-guided GPS audio tour is Part 3 of a four-part eastbound Pennsylvania Turnpike series that eliminates highway boredom. It tells incredible prehistoric tales of ancient Indians who once walked this trail and the dramas that unfolded as Indians and European settlers collide.
This part of the series begins at the Sideling Hill travel plaza. It continues over and under wilderness ridges before levelling off and crossing the broad Susquehanna River Valley. By the time you reach the end at the Highspire travel plaza, you also will have reached a new understanding about life here centuries ago.
We'll hear the story of Tree Worm and his controlling mother-in-law. We'll learn why a tribe was called the Hemp People. Do you like Indian Summers? The people who coined the term absolutely dreaded them. I'll tell you why. We'll learn to speak a little Seneca, and get the story on a boarding school that served as the model for turning Indians into "true civilized Americans."
per adult from
1 hour 10 minutes
What's included :
- Lifetime access to this tour in English
- VoiceMap App for Android and iOS
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
What's excluded :
- Smartphone and headphones
- Food and drink
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Pennsylvania Turnpike, Arona, PA, USA
The tour takes place on the Pennsylvania Turnpike and aims at making the journey a more interesting one.
Pass By: Harrisburg, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
On this tour, you'll drive passed Harrisburg
Departure Point :Sideling Hill Service Plaza, PA Turnpike Milepost 172.4 East- & West Bound, Waterfall, PA 16689, USA
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 12/24/2019 - 7/30/2022
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Return Detail :Highspire Service Plaza, Pennsylvania Turnpike EB Milepost 249.7, 441 Industrial Lane, Middletown, PA 17057, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All of VoiceMap's audio tours are self-guided and users must bring their own smartphone and headphones to take the tour. We urge all our users to wear facemasks and carry hand sanitizer with them to ensure they're own protection and the protection of others.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.