Eat Like a Local: 3-hour Venice Small-Group Food Tasting Walking Tour
Fall in love with Venice, through your 3-hour discovery of the gastronomic tradition of the city, through a uniquely designed small-group, walking food and wine tour of the lesser known places to tourists. With at least 13 tastings from well-known restaurants and bars to the locals, between sipping some glasses of wonderful local wines, and trying some of the best restaurants in Venice with the guidance of your expert foodie, you will also get to hear about its unique histories of what makes Venice a truly wonderful place.
per adult from
150 to 210 minutes
What's included :
- Local guide
- Wine tasting
- Local taxes
- Food tasting
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Any foods and drinks not included in the tour
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mercati di Rialto, Campo della Pescaria Vicino il Ponte di Rialto, 30125 Venice Italy
There are 8 stops on this tour with plenty of food to make sure you do not need breakfast nor dinner. You will start your day with some coffee, like the Italians do. Venice has a tradition that goes a long way back in time in making tasty pastries, and you will get to try some of the heavenly delicious pastries that the Venetian has to offer. After your sweet tooth has been satisfied, stroll through some wine bars and savor typical Venetian drinks accompanied by the famous cicchetti. Try 5-6 different types of fish and learn how each dish is created. Even Venice is known for seafood dishes, there are some delicious local cured meat that you have to try too! Then go to the backstreet, visit the oldest bar, find out where the famous lover in history used to frequent and of course try their signature dish. After that, crawl your way to get some traditional Venetian cookies and learn why they are so good, and the tour will end with some authentic gelato! During this gelato stop, the guide will explain how to identify good quality gelato shops even in a middle of a touristy place. The wonderful food provided on the the tour are all in season to make sure all of our clients try the freshest recipes.
(On Tuesday morning, and Saturday afternoon tour, or on a special holiday there is a possibility that there would be no risotto, but we will replace it with another local favourite or dish of the day!)
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Campo San Giacomo di Rialto, Campo S. Giacomo di Rialto, 30125 Venezia VE, Italy
Return Detail :Rialto Bridge, Sestiere San Polo, 30125 Venezia VE, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A maximum of 15 people per tour
- In case the day of your tour falls on a holiday or a day where lots of some restaurants are closed, we will still make sure that you will have the same amount of food if not more food than usual,with wine and always with the minimum of 6 stops
- All bookings are automatically confirmed unless received within 48 hours, then the booking will be subjected to availability. We will offer an alternative date or time if there is no availability at the time that the customers choose.
- The customers should show up at least 6 minutes prior to the starting time on the voucher to make sure they are at the correct meeting point and report to the tour coordinator or guide that day before the starting time of the tour on the voucher. It is the responsibility of the customers to try to reach us by phone or send us an email in case the guide could not be located BEFORE the starting time of the tour. In case your phone does not work, there are many shops, and restaurants around the departure point that will let customers make a phone call for free or one Euro. Failure to contact us PRIOR TO the starting time of the tour in case you need help with direction or will be arriving late and joining the tour later, and late arrivals will be considered " no show". Our restaurants and stops are very famous so we have to start strictly on time, so it is very important that you are at the meeting point at least 5 minutes before the departure time and call us if you could not located our guide or tour coordinator.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.