Edinburgh - Dark History
Ah, Edinburgh! They don't call it "The Jekyll & Hyde City" for nothing. During the day, a respectable figure, with its astonishing architecture and wondrous history. But when the sun sets, it tells an entirely different story...
Hear all about the darker history of Edinburgh: murderers, thieves, cannibals, hangings and decapitations, witches, the Plague and streams of human waste. Learn about the most notorious citizens of Edinburgh and how ghost stories are born.
We don't need costumes or people jumping from behind the corners: Edinburgh's Dark History itself is enough to make your skin crawl. And oh, how we love to share it with our visitors...
*Due to the current global health concerns, we are limiting our tour sizes to 10 people, to ensure our visitors are kept safe and we comply with Government guidance. Please message us directly if you have larger group travelling together.
per adult from
What's included :
- In-Person guide
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Edinburgh Old Town, Edinburgh EH1 Scotland
A walking tour down the Royal Mile of Edinburgh, where your guide will share with you the darker history of Edinburgh. Highlights include:
- St. Giles Cathedral,
- The Heart of the Midlothian,
- Mercat Cross,
- Cannongate Graveyard.
Departure Point :Johnston Terrace, Edinburgh EH1 2PW, UK
Return Detail :Canongate Kirkyard, 153 Canongate, Edinburgh EH8 8BN, UK
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.