Edinburgh half day/full day tour with Alasdair
Alasdair does not have a script. Each tour is tailor made to cater for the interests of the individual group. If your particular interest is literature, archaeology, history, medicine, education, industry, art, geology or anything else Alasdair will make sure he hones his tour to make it relevant to you.
per adult from
4 to 8 hours
What's included :
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: St Giles' Cathedral, High Street Historic Royal Mile, Edinburgh EH1 1RE Scotland
We will learn about the history of this extraordinary building which dates back to the 12th century and find out how a member of the congregation sparked off what became a major civil war leading to the execution of a king.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: National Museum of Scotland, Chambers Street, Edinburgh EH1 1JF Scotland
We will do a taster tour of the museum seeing some of the highlights including ancient stones with mysterious carvings, a Viking chess set, the world's first cloned sheep and the horrendous device used to execute citizens.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Greyfriars Kirkyard, Candlemaker Row, Edinburgh EH1 2QQ Scotland
For Harry Potter fans this is a must and we will see the graves of people whose names were adopted by the author JK Rowling for her wonderful novels. We may also encounter a few ghosts!
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Edinburgh, UK
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.