Edinburgh Harry Potter Walking Tour
Join this 2-hour walking tour to explore the magical places that all Harry Potter fans should see in Edinburgh. With your guide, walk the streets that inspired J.K. Rowling and learn about the dark history of witches and wizards of Edinburgh.
per adult from
What's included :
- Tour guide
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Frankie & Benny's, 130 High St, Edinburgh EH1 1QS, UK
Your Harry Potter walking tour begins outside Frankie and Benny’s at 130 High Street.
Stop At: Edinburgh Old Town, Edinburgh EH1 Scotland
Come and experience a little magic with us!
You might already know that J.K. Rowling wrote Harry Potter in Edinburgh, and on this special Harry Potter Walking Tour we'll show you which sites were her inspiration for Hogwarts and the characters who dwelled within its magical walls.
See where Diagon Alley came to life, and where Lord Voldemort is buried, see the original Hogwarts school, as well as a virtual school assembly of its characters, and learn how Edinburgh’s own dark history of witches and wizards played a role in inspiring Rowling herself.
On this 2-hour* Harry Potter Walking Tour of Edinburgh we cover:
• The inspiration for the Diagon Alley
• Lord Voldemort’s burial place
• The original Hogwarts School
• Cafes and hotel where J.K Rowling wrote her books
• Origins of Harry Potter
• The inspiration for Quidditch
…and much more!
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :130 High St, Edinburgh EH1 1QS, UK
Departure Time :3:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children under 5 years old accompanied by an adult can join this tour for free
- Near public transportation
- We unfortunately do not advise guests in wheelchairs to join the Harry Potter Tour, due to the narrow stairways and steep hills. We apologise for any inconvenience or disappointment caused
- Average tour length. The independent guides with whom we work have your best interests in mind; while the tour usually includes the sites and stories above and lasts this long, your tour may vary depending on what your guide thinks is best for your group!
- Most travelers can participate
- Children under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- - Breaks will be shortended - Guests are encouraged to bring own masks - Guests will be required to provide personal details (name, phone) - Smaller groups to ensure appropriate social distance - Tour group picture will no longer be taken
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.