Edinburgh Private Gin Tasting Experience
Love gin? Love history? Love it even more when they both coincide? Then come along with one of our local hosts and find out everything you wanted to know about gin and learn about its fascinating history and the dark side of its history too.
On this experience join your local host, a self-proclaimed gin savant and sample examples of great gins from all around Edinburgh and beyond.
You will visit a local independent gin distillery and bar and learn about the gin distilling process. Stroll through the gin triangle area in Edinburgh and learn about the history of distilling in the area going back hundreds of years. You will also learn about the different styles of gin and the botanicals that make them different, get to know your local host and enjoy their company as you stroll through the streets together and discover the variety of gin there is in the world and tailor your personal tastes to your perfect gin.
per adult from
What's included :
- Private and personalised experience
- 3 hours with a Local Host
- Walking experience
- Local knowledge and insights
- Alcoholic Beverages - 4 tastings of gin per person
What's excluded :
- Additional food and drinks
- Tickets to any attractions
- Transportation costs
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: The Meadows, Melville Dr, Edinburgh EH9 1ND, UK
Visit the original water source for the distilling area in the 1700 & 1800
Pass By: Edinburgh Gin Distillery, 1A Rutland Place, Edinburgh EH1 2AD Scotland
Visit the South Loch Gin Distillery inside the 56 North bar
Pass By: 1 Summerhall, Edinburgh EH9 1PL Scotland
Visit Summerhall, home of the Pickerings distillery
Pass By: Holyrood Distillery, 19 St. Leonards Lane, Edinburgh EH8 9SH Scotland
Visit the home of Holyrood Distillery’s, Gin Liqueuers and Single Malt Whisky
Pass By: Sciennes, Newington, Edinburgh EH9, UK
Visit the Glen Sciennes Site, the location of the last distillery to close in Edinburgh for single malt in 1925 during America’s Prohibition - Sciennes Street
Departure Point :Edinburgh, UK
Traveler pickup is offered
Once you have booked your experience, we will be in touch in order to finalise the meeting point details with you. We can arrange pick up from hotels and other locations in the centre of the city. Your meeting point must be confirmed and agreed by the experience planners in advance. This is a walking experience, so your host will meet you on foot
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- City Unscripted and all City Unscripted hosts follow the WHO (World Health Organization) and local government’s health and safety recommendations at all times. To keep up to date with the latest news we recommend visiting these World Health Organization (WHO) website pages.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.