El-Alamein WWII Memorial Day Tour from Cairo
Take a trip to the historical El Alamein area, and enjoy the fascinating scenery and mild weather. It was here during the Second World War that more than 8,000 soldiers of the troops of both the Allied Forces led by Montgomery and the axis forces led by Rommel lost their lives.
You will visit the Alamein Museum which has five main halls representing the countries that participated in the El Alamein Battle and one hall showcasing the weapons and tanks used in the war. You will also see many paintings depicting various war scenes.
El Alamein is a must-visit not just for its World War II connection but also for its fascinating beauty!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick up and drop off in air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fees to the mentioned sites
- Bottled water on board
- Tour guide
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: El Alamein, El Alamein, Matrouh Governorate
In the morning, you will be picked up in an air-conditioned vehicle from your hotel in Cairo. Accompanied by a guide, you will be taken to El Alamein, a town in northern Egypt on the Mediterranean Sea coast. It is situated about 240 kilometres northwest of Cairo. El Alamein witnessed the most decisive battle that raged during the Second World War, in which more than 8000 soldiers of the allied troops led by Montgomry and the axis troops led by Rommel lost their lives.
On arrival in El Alamein you will explore the town and can visit the allied Italian and German war cemeteries.
Further on, proceed to the Alamein Museum, it has five main halls, one representing each of the countries that participated in El Alamein Battle (Germany, England, Italy and Egypt) and a joint hall exhibiting weapons and tanks used in battle and paintings representing war scenes.
After visiting the museum stop for lunch at a local restaurant.
After lunch, you will be dropped back to your hotel in Cairo.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up from any place in Cairo or GizaAirports
- Cairo Intl Airport, Cairo Egypt
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.