El Calafate Downhill Mountain Biking Adventure
Let a chairlift do the hard work for you and then fly down Mt Huyliche on this guided mountain bike tour from El Calafate. Starting from the Calafate Balcony steppes, your 8-mile (13-km) descent lasts three hours with stops for nourishing snacks and explanations of what you see along the way. When you’re not pedaling off to remote corners of Laguna Escondida, snap pics of Argentino Lake, the Andes mountains and aerial views of El Calafate. Mountain biking experience is not required but you should know your way around a bike.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Mountain bike and helmet
- Snack (coffee/tea and granola bars or cookies)
- Private guide
- Transport by minivan
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: El Calafate, El Calafate, Province of Santa Cruz, Patagonia
Our excursion starts when we pick you up from the hotels in El Calafate. Once we are ready we will start our trekking ascent until the beginning of the circuit, at about 950 meters above sea level.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Lago Argentino, El Calafate Argentina
Here our guide will receive us and give us a brief safety talk along with some stretching and warm-up exercises, while the necessary adjustments are made to the technical equipment we will use.
During our tour we will make some stops to tell some interesting facts about the place, and also to check the equipment and condition of each participant. Once the descent to the hill is over, we will continue along the urban area until we reach our meeting point in the center of El Calafate, where the excursion will end.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :El Calafate, El Calafate, Province of Santa Cruz, Patagonia
Traveler pickup is offered
The pick up transfer is only from selected centrally located hotels. If your hotel is outside the geographic area, we will confirm you the closest meeting point. Indicate the name and address of your hotel.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 14 years
- Maximum weight is 242 lbs (110 kg)
- It is recommended that you bring sunblock and wear comfortable clothes and shoes.
- You may bring your own food
- Seasonal tour operating October to April
- A maximum of 4 people per booking
- Passport name, number, expiry, date of birth and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- It is the passenger's responsibility to wear a protective mask and maintain distance. In case they don't respect the basic safety measures, they will be asked to leave the tour. The capacity of tour will be temporarily reduced to ensure social distancing.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.