El Tatio Geysers Tour - Half Day Tour - Typical Tour
Waking up early in the morning for an almost two hours travel is only justified if you experience the dawn surrounded by El Tatio Geysers, exhaling the steam that contrasts with the cold invading your body, but which feels nice because you are sharing a unique effect with nature and the sunrise at 4500 meters high.
After a few minutes walking in this phenomenon, you admire it while you warm up your hands and body with a breakfast in the heights of San Pedro de Atacama hills, to then relax in the warm natural river pools that are located a little further downhill. When going down through the same paths that a few hours ago were completely dark, you can appreciate the fantastic view from the edge of the trails. Later on you can make a stop in the Putana wetland to rest, but also to admire the place’s fauna: flamencos and different type of birds in an exceptional lagoon surrounded by the path that leads to the town of Machuca.
per adult from
5 to 6 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Landing and facility fees
- Entry/Admission - Geyser del Tatio
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Geyser del Tatio, 174a Caracoles, San Pedro de Atacama 1410000 Chile
At 4500 meters high you can feel the heat the almost 70 craters that compound the El Tatio valley emanate. These are one of the main expressions of the Chilean volcanic activity, and a sample of how the hot water gets stuck in the subsoil but remains heating with the high temperatures underground, where lava deposits still remain.
When you arrive in the early morning, you walk blind, only guided by the stones tracing the paths and the noises of the geysers. When the sunlight starts to come out in the valley, you slowly distinguish the white steam and crystalline water getting expelled, and the sub-zero temperatures that cover your body going away.
After millions of years, this natural monument is still looking for the attention of the people who walk through its trails with either the steam that relentlessly comes out of the craters, or with the water released, making a sight literally unique in South America.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Gustavo Le Paige, San Pedro de Atacama, Antofagasta, Chile
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from any hotel in San Pedro de Atacama
Departure Time :4:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.