El Yunque Off the Beaten Path Hiking Tour
Feeling adventurous? Dare to go on a complete off the beaten path discovery of El Yunque Rainforest. Get to explore hidden areas less known to the public.
Experience the natural beauty of El Yunque Rainforest while hiking, river trekking and rock climbing. Enjoy spotting its flora and fauna, scenic views and gorgeous hidden waterfalls, natural pools and slides, while walking with your knowledgeable certified tour guide.
This is a moderate to strenuous activity and may not be suitable for everyone. Please read entire description before booking in order to avoid any inconveniences.
Post hurricane (2017) notice: Most of the popularly known trails remain closed until further notice. Our tour route has been adapted in order to continue offering a full day of pure adventure.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Park fees.
- Bottled water and light snacks.
- USCG certified Lifejackets.
- Hotel or port pick-up and drop-off (within the San Juan area, towns outside this area will have meeting point option or additional fee)
What's excluded :
- Additional fee for pick up/ drop off outside of San Juan.
After arriving to Ceiba, your initial hike will start off as pure adventure. You will cross a river (sometimes water can reach close to waist height), and an approximate 30-minute journey on a dirt/rock path, and possibly muddy terrain. This trail is surrounded by bamboo trees, rain-forest flowers, and many other beautiful plants. First visit a river and collecting pool that forms at the base of a waterfall. Take the time here and cool off in the refreshing waters or even swing from a rope. We will then proceed to do another hike and rock climb in order to visit more hidden natural pools (more strenuous part). Here you will also have the opportunity to cliff jump into the natural pools, or go down the natural water slide. We will then return hiking thru the same path we arrived.
After the tour ends we will stop at a local restaurant for a late lunch (food cost not included), before returning to San Juan or your initial meeting point. This stop tends to take 1 to 1.5 hours.
• El Yunque Rain Forest, El Yunque National Forest Puerto Rico
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Complimentary pick up in selected areas of San Juan: Old San Juan, Condado, Isla Verde, Miramar and Ocean Park and Calle Loiza. Meeting point available by PR-3 in Rio Grade, Luquillo and Fajardo.Exact pick up time will be provided the day prior to the tour.Airports
- Luis Munoz Marin Intl Airport, Carolina 979 Puerto Rico
- Pan-American Pier, Calle Muelle, San Juan, 00901, Puerto Rico
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates based on weather and river conditions, there is a possibility of cancellation if conditions are not found safe during rainy days.
- Please dress appropriately: Hiking shoes (tennis with a good grip also works) along with water shoes are strongly recommended.
- Wear comfortable clothing, swimsuit, bring a towel and change of clothes.
- We strongly suggest to have a good breakfast before departing on this tour.
- Due to uneven surfaces and the difficulty involved, this tour is not suitable for pregnant women, those with walking disabilities, with back or knee problems or physical impairments.
- Not suitable for participants with previous injuries, recent surgeries, heart conditions, vertigo, misbalance or other serious medical conditions.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult (not suitable for children under 7 years).
- Due to safety reasons participants must be able to understand English or Spanish.
- Use of lifejacket is mandatory once participating on the water related activities.
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers MUST provide the following information: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and/or re-boarding time.
- Once you begin the tour, you must finish it all the way up to the second stop and return back with the group.
- Complimentary pick up in Old San Juan, Condado, Isla Verde, Miramar and Calle Loiza areas (contact us for additional assistance).
- Additional transfer fee to towns outside of selected San Juan/Metro area will apply (each way):Rio Grande / Dorado / Fajardo/ Humacao).
- Estimated tour duration of 8 hours includes driving and lunch time.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please travel light and only bring the necessary to the tour. Leave behind electronic devices, any important documentation like passport, large sums of cash or credit cards. Cell phones require waterproof case.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 22 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.