El Yunque Off the Beaten Path Hiking Tour
Feeling adventurous? Dare to go on a complete off the beaten path discovery of El Yunque Rainforest. Get to explore hidden areas less known to the public.
Experience the natural beauty of El Yunque Rainforest while hiking, river trekking and rock climbing. Enjoy spotting its flora and fauna, scenic views and gorgeous hidden waterfalls, natural pools and slides, while walking with your knowledgeable certified tour guide.
This is a moderate to strenuous activity and may not be suitable for everyone. Please read entire description before booking in order to avoid any inconveniences.
Post hurricane (2017) notice: Most of the popularly known trails remain closed until further notice. Our tour route has been adapted in order to continue offering a full day of pure adventure.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Park fees.
- Bottled water and light snacks.
- USCG certified Lifejackets.
- Pick-up and drop-off (within touristic zone and selected San Juan areas)
What's excluded :
- Additional fees for pick up/ drop off outside of San Juan.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY FOR ALL SAFETY REQUIREMENTS AND LIMITATIONS FOR THIS TOUR
After arriving to Ceiba, your initial hike will start off as pure adventure. You will cross a river (sometimes water can reach to waist height), and an approximate 30-minute journey on a dirt/rock path, and muddy terrain.
This trail is surrounded by bamboo trees, rain-forest flowers, and many other beautiful plants. After the hike you will enjoy from the water activities. First visit a river and collecting pool that forms at the base of a waterfall. Take the time here and cool off on it's refreshing waters.
We will then proceed to do another hike and rock climb in order to visit more hidden natural pools (more strenuous part). Here you will have the opportunity to cliff jump into the natural pools, swing from a rope or go down the natural water slides (these are optional, but once you climb the rock to jump you must complete the activity). We will then return hiking thru the same path we arrived.
After the tour ends we will stop at a local restaurant for a late lunch (food cost not included), before returning to San Juan or your initial meeting point. This stop tends to take 1 to 1.5 hours.
• El Yunque Rain Forest, El Yunque National Forest Puerto Rico
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Complimentary pick up in selected areas of San Juan: Old San Juan, Condado, Isla Verde, Miramar and Ocean Park and Calle Loiza. Meeting point available by PR-3 in Rio Grade, Luquillo and Fajardo.Exact pick up time will be provided the day prior to the tour.Airports
- Luis Munoz Marin Intl Airport, Carolina 979 Puerto Rico
- Pan-American Pier, Calle Muelle, San Juan, 00901, Puerto Rico
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please dress appropriately: Wear hiking shoes (tennis with a good grip also works). Can also bring water shoes for when you go into the river . Please note: shoes will get wet and very muddy
- Wear comfortable clothing, swimsuit underneath, bring a towel and change of clothes. Wear sunscreen and mosquito repellent.
- You must have a good breakfast before departing on this tour.
- Due to uneven surfaces and the difficulty involved, this tour is not suitable for pregnant women, those with walking disabilities, with back or knee problems or physical impairments.
- Not suitable for participants with previous injuries, recent surgeries, heart conditions, vertigo, misbalance or other serious medical conditions.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult (not suitable for children under 7 years).
- Due to safety reasons participants must be able to understand English or Spanish. Legally blind or deaf persons are not able to participate due to the same. A Private tour would be the most appropriate option on these cases.
- Bus will wait only 5 minutes after your assigned pick up time. No refunds will be issued if you miss your pick up.
- Operates based on weather and river conditions, there is a possibility of cancellation if conditions are not found safe during rainy days.
- Once you begin the tour, you must finish it all the way up to the second stop and return back with the group.
- Use of lifejacket is mandatory once participating on the water related activities.
- Failure to provide hotel/lodging information upon booking may result in bus not being able to pick you at your location or close to it. No refunds will be issued if you miss your pick up.
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers MUST provide the following information: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and/or re-boarding time.
- Complimentary pick up in Old San Juan, Condado, Isla Verde, Miramar and Calle Loiza areas (contact us for additional assistance).
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Additional transfer fee to towns outside of selected San Juan/Metro area will apply (each way):Rio Grande / Dorado / Fajardo/ Humacao).
- Please travel light and only bring the necessary to the tour. Leave behind electronic devices, any important documentation like passport, large sums of cash or credit cards. Cell phones require waterproof case.
- Bespoke LM Reserves the Right of Admission - If a person appears to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs, not following instructions, being disruptive or not dressed appropriately (due safety) the Guide has the right to Cancel their reservation at any moment, and No Refunds will be issued due to this.
- Estimated tour duration of 8 hours includes driving and lunch time.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 28 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.