Elijah Mountain Gem Mining Admission Ticket & Bucket plus On-Site Goat Farm
Stop by for a Family-Friendly Gem Mining Experience at Elijah Mountain Gem Mine, located just outside of Asheville. Feel like an explorer from the 1800's and mine for real gem stones, all of which you get to keep after finding. Each bucket is guaranteed to include one or more of the 40+ types of semi-precious and precious gemstones available at Elijah Mountain such as Rubies, Emeralds, Sapphires, Amethyst, Topaz, Garnets, Aquamarine, Quartz, and more! Buckets are available in multiple sizes, and the experience typically takes about 1 hour.
After your gem mining, explore the grounds and make a stop at the Gem Store or the on-site goat farm where you can pet and feed the goats and chickens. Spend the afternoon outdoors with a picnic at the private creek located just a quick walk from the mining area.
For those looking for scenic views, explore some of the Mountains, Waterfalls, and Nature Trails located right behind Elijah Mountain Gem Mine. This experience is not to be missed!
per adult from
1 to 4 hours
What's included :
- Admission Ticket to Elijah Mountain Gem Mine
- 2.5- or 3-Gallon Gem Mining Bucket Options
- Access to the on-site Goat Farm where you can pet and feed the goats and chickens
- 40+ types of semi-precious and precious gemstones possible in every bucket (you keep what you find)
- Outdoor and Indoor Water Flumes available for year-round gem mining availability
- Explore some of the mountains, waterfalls, and nature trails located behind Elijah Mountain Gem Mine
- Access to the on-site Gem Mining Store or Butterfly Exhibit (seasonal)
- Family-Friendly Experience with Activities Suitable for Parents and Children
- Enjoy a picnic at the Private Creek located just a short walk from the mining area
- All mining equipment provided
- Entry/Admission - Elijah Mountain Gem Mine
What's excluded :
- Visit: Elijah Mountain Gem Mine, 2120 Brevard Rd, Hendersonville, NC 28791-3108
Located just 30-minutes south of Asheville in Hendersonville, North Carolina is the Elijah Mountain Gem mine. Once you arrive at the mine you can select your bucket size depending on how much exploration you want to do, then it's time to explore, dig and sift! All kinds of treasures are here to be found to take home as the 3000 square foot rock and fossil shop is an attraction in itself! Then make your way outside to pet and feed the baby goats that are always ready for our guests.
Once you're ready to get your hand a little dirty, head up to the counter and pick out your bucket. A friendly guide will take you to the flume area and give you quick and simple directions on how to most successfully mine! Then the fun really begins. Once finished mining, you can have the gemstones identified and maybe even choose a couple to have polished and put into a necklace, sometimes while you wait!
Time to relax at the picnic tables by the stream and make plans to come back again tomorrow.
Visit: Jump Off Rock, Laurel Park Highway, Laurel Park, NC
Jump Off Rock is located at the top of the mountain behind Elijah Mountain Gem Mine, just a scenic 5-mile drive to the top. There are 3 short nature trails to enjoy during your visit.
Departure Point :Elijah Mountain Gem Mine, 2120 Brevard Rd, Hendersonville, NC 28791-3108
Departure Time :Admission + 3 Gallon Bucket 1/1/2019 - 12/31/2020
1/1/2021 - 12/31/2021
Monday - Sunday: 10:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Admission + 2.5 Gallon Bucket 1/1/2019 - 12/31/2021
Monday - Sunday: 10:00 AM - 05:00 PM Monday - Sunday: 10:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Buckets can be shared by multiple people
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 120 travelers
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Masks optional while at Elijah Mountain. We sanitize common areas frequently and request that you social distance while shopping. If you’re sick, stay home, all others get down here and have some fun!
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.