Elmina & Cape Coast Castles Day Trip from Accra
This is the type of tour that offers you a detailed tour so far as the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade is concerned. It also offers you value for money.
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Fuel surcharge
- Entry/Admission - Elmina Castle
- Entry/Admission - Cape Coast Castle
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Elmina Castle, Elmina Ghana
Take an extensive guided tour of this UNESCO World Heritage Castle. You will discover on this tour aspects of the castles such as the male and female dungeons, condemn cells, "door of no return" among several others. Learn on this tour how enslaved Africans were kept in cells prior to their "shipment" across the Atlantic and inhumane punishments meted out to "recalcitrant" ones who fought whiles in incarceration or ladies who resisted rape by the governor or the soldiers.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Cape Coast Castle, Cape Coast Ghana
Take a guided tour through the underground dungeons of this castle which remains the meanest of the slave castles. Visited by the Obamas in 2009 and Melania Trump in 2018, this former English castle from 1665 has a very interesting story to offer you.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up is from your hotel of stay or residence.
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.