Embera Village - Cultural Tour
You will canoe down the Chagres River, where we will head into the jungle to visit a traditional Embera village.
- You will learn more about the Embera culture.
- You will eat their traditional food.
- Have them give you a temporary tattoo with natural dye.
- Learn about their forms of crafts.
per adult from
7 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Round-trip air-conditioned transport to Corotú Port
- Canoe trip on the Gatun River
- Commentary of the tour by an Embera guide himself
What's excluded :
- Crafts that you can buy from the community.
- Body painting
- No room to change your bathing suit at the fall. No towel
- Fruits of your choice (pineapple, mangoes, bananas ...) during dinner with Emberas
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Emberá-Wounaan Comarca, Panama
Several families from Embera settled near the Chagres river several years ago and developed an ecotourism project allowing them to maintain their way of life and their customs in the face of the development of the modern world.
The indigenous Embera are one of the seven Native American ethnic groups still present in Panama.
We will visit the indigenous community of Embera Puru, which is located on the Chagres River.
At the port, you will start with a 30-minute boat ride along the river, by canoe.
You will stop at the foot of a magnificent waterfall where you can swim.
Once you arrive in the community, you are greeted by women and children who arrive dressed in their traditional outfits with brightly patterned skirts, ancestral music and dances.
They will explain to you in detail their culture, their gastronomy and their particular language.
This tour includes a traditional meal and "Jagua" body painting.
At the end of the trip, you can purchase their crafts, which includes small animal figurines made of tagua. The Embera men make detailed carvings from cocobolo wood and the women weave beautiful baskets from palm fibers.
During the trip you will enjoy the beautiful flora and fauna of the area and learn a little more about the way of life of the community.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Pucci Food Park, Calle 50 y, Calle 46 Este, Panamá, Panama
Traveler pickup is offered
Please let us know your pick-up location (either at your hotel or nearby) when confirming your reservation.(WhatsApp or cell): +507 6637-3595Email: email@example.comThank you for choosing Visit Panama Tour.Airports
- Tocumen Intl Airport, Panama City Panama
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Bring good non-slip water shoes (depending on the season, for walking in the river)
- Most travelers can participate
- Depending on the season if you want to go for a swim in the fall, you will have to walk in the river (sometimes difficult).
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.