Enchanting Mandalay, full day tour
After breakfast start our Enchanting Mandalay tour, around 8:00am. Visit 2nd most sacred Buddhist's site Mahamuni, Mandalay Hill, Stone casting, gold leaf factory, Aung Nan wood carving shop, world biggest book and UNESCO recorded world heritage sight, taste traditional Burmese lunch at Mingalar Restaurant, and visit Amarapura town; the royal capital before Mandalay, silk weaving factory and finally enjoy sunset view at world longest wooden bridge.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Fuel surcharge
- Local taxes
- TripAdvisor Experiences brokerage fee
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Excess luggage charges (where applicable)
- Airport/Departure Tax
- Enchanting Mandalay, full day tour
Morning pick up from your hotel and start our sightseeing from Mahamuni Buddha Image, the 2nd most sacred Buddhist’s site in Myanmar. The whole image, except, the face is covered with thick layers of gold foils; a token of the devotees’ intense faith to Buddha. Continue to Golden Palace Monastery, a delicately carved wooden building where we will see the excellent wood arts. King Mindon, father of the last Myanmar King Thibaw passed away in this place. Kuthodaw Pagoda is very close to Mandalay Hill and consisting of 729 marble slabs engraved with Buddhist scriptures and recorded in UNESCO world heritage lists. A visit to 230 meters high Mandalay Hill will let you find a scenic view of the city. Mandalay palace and the moat, the Shan Mountain and the Ayeyarwaddy River views one can see from the hill. We’ll also go to gold-leaf workshop and one of the tapestry workshops. Lunch is served with special foods of Mandalay. Afternoon, visit Amarapura, a royal capital founded before Mandalay. Mahagandayon monastery is one of the most prominent monasteries where nearly a thousand monks live and study. It’s a chance to observe unique Myanmar monkshood. Silk and cotton weaving cottage can be of interest before heading to U Bein Bridge which is originally built in 1851. Take a leisurely walk over the bridge and enjoy the panoramic view of Taungthaman Lake. A perfect day tour to experience the seat of Myanmar culture city.
Departure Point :Hotel in Mandalay.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Back to hotel in Mandalay.
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant meals not included
- Dress code is formal
- A maximum of 30 people per booking
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.