Encounter with the nature at the sea turtle camp
¡It´s a dream for many to release a baby sea turtle!
After a complete talk where you will learn from these prehistoric creatures, we´ll take you to meet one of the most important sea turtle camp of Puerto Vallarta, where you´ll watch the nests of these animals and you will help the new born to start their adventure in the ocean.
An experience for all ages that can´t be missed!
Support the ongoing work of a dedicated team of Mexican biologists to increase the survival rate and come to witness this Nature event.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
Meet with your guide and the rest of our guests at our office in Marina Vallarta, where we begin with an informative talk about the biology and ecology of sea turtles.
At the end of the talk, we go aboard our comfortable vehicles and go to our destination: the Boca de Tomates Sea Turtle Camp. To get there, we have to walk on the beach less than half of a mile (656 yards), on sand and loose gravel. Once at the camp, the guide will explain to you about the site and the work done there to protect the turtles. At dusk, the camp managers will tell us how to help the little turtles get safe and sound to the ocean.
Once the hatchlings have reached the sea, we will walk back to our vehicle looking for female turtles coming to shore to lay their eggs, however we cannot guarantee that we will find them, since they don’t have a specific place or time to spawn.
Note: From November the sunset time changes, therefore our schedule will be advanced one hour.
Departure Point :Ecotours de México, local 20, Proa sn, Marina Vallarta, 48335 Puerto Vallarta, Jal., Mexico
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- All participants must be able to walk 1 mile in total on sand and loose gravel.
- Children from 4 to 11 years old must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- If there are no baby turtles on the day of your tour, our sales staff will contact you to re-schedule your reservation.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Only one representative of the family will made the check-in at the booth and show their ticket. The rest of the group will remind outsite at the waiting room.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.