Enjoy a Modern Australian Cooking Class and Meal in Diamond Creek Home
Meet your local host Ally in her Diamond Creek kitchen where she will teach you to make two local dishes from scratch, using fresh ingredients and herbs from her garden. Before you start your hands-on cooking class, Ally will give you a small tour of her beautiful garden and show you all the fruits, vegetables and herbs she grows. After you pluck a few herbs together, you will cook along with Ally in her large, beautiful kitchen.
The cooking portion of the experience will last for 1-2 hours and you will learn to make a salad and a main dish. Potential dishes you may prepare are freshly baked sour dough bread or focaccia served with an Australian dukkah and homemade goat cheese drizzled with lemon, followed by chicken which has been deboned and stuffed with wild rice, herbs, walnuts, currants and lemon zest and then roasted and served with homemade chutneys or chilli jamhoney.
Come join this welcoming host for a private and authentic culinary experience!
per adult from
What's included :
- Private cooking class
- Homecooked meal
- Non-alcoholic beverages
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a unique opportunity to visit the home of a local and explore traditional culture and cuisine. You will be welcomed by Ally to her beautiful and spacious home with a refreshing drink. Ally’s food is modern Australian and is inspired by a variety of different cultures and flavors. She will teach you to make two Australian-inspired dishes from scratch using fresh ingredients and herbs from from her garden. Before you start your hands-on experience, Ally will give you a small tour of her garden and will show you all the fruits, vegetables and herbs she grows. After you pluck a few herbs from her garden, cook alongside with Ally in her large, beautiful kitchen. The cooking portion of the experience will last for 1-2 hours during which you will learn to make a salad and a main dish. Then enjoy your meal together, which will be served with a couple other dishes Ally might have prepared in advance.
• Roasted free range chicken rolled in wild rice, currants and pesto
• Freshly-baked foccacia - served with Australian dukkah and homemade goats cheese drizzled with honey
• Kaffir lime panna cotta served with berry coulis
Departure Point :Diamond Creek VIC 3089, Australia
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Menu may vary depending on the season
- If any travelers in your party have any allergies, dietary restrictions or cooking preferences please advise at time of booking
- Vegetarian and vegan option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Private, personalized experience
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.