Enjoy a Traditional Georgian Cooking Class and Meal with a Local in Tbilisi
Cook authentic Georgian cuisine alongside your local host in her cozy home kitchen. Teo and her family live in a traditional Georgian two-storey brick home built in 1961 that exudes warmth and love. It is modestly furnished in a traditional style - filled with books, antiques, maps, and family artwork.
During this hands-on experience, learn to make 2-3 traditional Georgian dishes such as lobio (medley of beans), chakhokhbili (stewed chicken with fresh herbs) and khachapuri (cheese-filled bread). Teo will share the recipes and preparation method throughout the cooking process - so be ready to take notes! Your class will last about an hour and a half after which you will join Teo at the dining table to share the meal you helped prepare. Please note that on days Teo is not available, her mother Tinatin will host you.
Join this passionate local and her family, experience authentic Georgian life and cuisine, and create memories you'll cherish for a lifetime!
per adult from
What's included :
- Private cooking class with your host Teona
- Local alcohol (1-2 glasses)
- Non-alcoholic beverages
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Teo is a medical university student and the oldest of six children. She learned to cook from her mother Tinatin and still uses her grandmother’s recipes. Outside of studying and cooking, Teo teaches skiing, works at a spa and wellness center, and sells her famous wraps and crepes at the Tbilisi flea market. Her activities allow her to meet new people and enable her to constantly learn new things.
Teo has a big family - she lives with parents and six siblings. You can usually find Teo in the kitchen preparing a big meal for them. Join Teo and her mother Tinatin in their modest, family home to experience Georgian cuisine - a melting pot of a variety of flavors and new ingredients that you may never have tasted before. You may even get to meet her siblings but if not you will still see their artistic scribbles on the walls!
Departure Point :Meet your host at her home
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Menu may vary depending on the season
- If any travelers in your party have any allergies, dietary restrictions or cooking preferences please advise at time of booking
- Private, personalized experience
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 3 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.