Entebbe Zoo (UWEC) – Chimpanzee Trekking in Ngamba Island 1 Day Tour
The 1 day Entebbe zoo (UWEC) – Ngamba Island zoo safari tour takes you to Uganda's prime wildlife 'zones'. UWEC is a safe habitat to about 400 indigenous animals, 250 bird species and 500 plant species. A zoo safari tour to UWEC is the ideal getaway for the ardent wildlife lover. The Center has many wildlife animals including; lions, leopards, rhinos, cheetah, baby elephants, giraffes, monkeys, chimpanzees, crocodiles and a variety of bird species.
Ngamba Island is 100 acres of rainforest located 23km away from Entebbe, near the equator in Lake Victoria. Besides being a habitat for an innumerable number of wildlife species, the island is the location of the famous Ngamba Island sanctuary, a safe haven for orphaned chimpanzees, established in October 1998.
This 1 day zoo safari to Ngamba Island is your chance to encounter the orphaned chimpanzees, spend a couple of hours observing them and get engaged in preparing their meals and feeding them. You become a caretaker for the day.
per adult from
5 to 8 hours
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Uganda Wildlife Conservation Education Centre
- Entry/Admission - Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary
What's excluded :
- Guide Service Fee
- Any Private Expenses and Travel Insurance
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Uganda Wildlife Conservation Education Centre, Plot 56/7 Lugard Avenue, Entebbe Uganda
Your 1 day zoo safari will begin in the early morning when your guide picks you from a suitable location in Kampala. You will then embark on a drive to Uganda Wildlife Education Center(UWEC), famously known as Entebbe zoo. UWEC is situated in Entebbe and sprawls across 72 acres comprising of wetland, savannah and forest land. The zoo gives the resident wild animals a home that is close to their natural habitat.
The Entebbe zoo safari is your chance to see animals like; the elephant, lion, snakes, cheetahs, rhinos, the elephant, camel, ostrich, monkeys and chimps, in their semi-natural environment. You will be thrilled by the guides’ educative and informative descriptions of the various species. You will spend the entire morning exploring the zoo and its tamed wildlife residents.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary, Plot 1 Bank Close, Entebbe Uganda
After the zoo safari excursion at UWEC, you will transfer to Ngamba Island Sanctuary by boat. Ngamba Island is a mass of rain forest sprawling over 100 acres of land on Lake Victoria. The island sanctuary was established in October in 1998 to care for the orphaned chimpanzees rescued by the Uganda Wildlife Authority. You will spend the entire afternoon at the island. You will observe the chimpanzees and get engaged in the routine of preparing their meals and feeding them, with the aid of the professional caretakers.
You will become a caretaker for a day. Besides encountering the chimpanzees, you see other wildlife and bird species that make their abode on the island. You will go for a guided nature walk in the evening before embarking on a boat cruise to return to Entebbe. Your zoo safari will end when your guide drives you back to Kampala – Uganda’s capital.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick all our clients from and around Kampala.Airports
- Entebbe Airport, Entebbe Uganda
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 12/21/2019 - 10/23/2021
Monday - Sunday: 06:00 AM - 08:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.