Epic Tour of the Viking Triangle
This guided walking tour (duration 45 minutes), includes access to six national monuments ranging in date from 1190 to 1783, it is a wonderful way for visitors to get an overview of Irish history both the historic and archaeological treasures and also experience the developments in architecture over a period of a thousand years as visitors traverse the Viking Triangle. We market the experience as ‘From the Vikings to the Victorians - A thousand years of History in a Thousand Paces’, in Ireland's oldest city, ‘Veðrafjǫrðr’, (Waterford).
Now including a visit to an exhibition titled ‘Mayors through the Ages, Eight Centuries of Civic Government in Ireland’, which has been put in place in City Hall, trace's the mayoralty and the evolution of democratic parliamentary and local government through the centuries
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Waterford Treasures Medieval Museum, Cathedral Square Viking Triangle, Waterford X91 K10E Ireland
During the walking tour you get to see the 13th century Choristers Hall and the 15th century Mayor's Wine Vault under the Medieval Museum.
Pass By: Reginald's Tower, The Quay, Waterford Ireland
Guide will show the outside of this Viking tower and allow for photographs to be taken with the Viking Longboat at the site.
Pass By: Bishop's Palace, The Mall Viking Triangle, Waterford X91 E279 Ireland
Introduced to the reception hall of this Georgian Palace and given a brief history of its life todate.
Pass By: The Viking Triangle, High Street and Henrietta Street, Waterford Ireland
Brought through the Viking Triangle, stopping off at all of the various sites and given the history, from Vikings to Victorians a 1000 years of history in a 1000 paces.
Pass By: Christ Church Cathedral, Cathedral Square, Waterford Ireland
A brief history of the cathedral and if there is no religious service on or if it's open a brief visit inside the cathedral.
Pass By: Epic Tour of the Viking Triangle, Viking Triangle Cathedral Square, Waterford X91 K10E Ireland
This is the overall title of the guided walking tour of the Viking Triangle.
Departure Point :Waterford Treasures: Medieval Museum (Treasures of Medieval Waterford), Cathedral Square, The Viking Triangle, Waterford, X91 K10E, Ireland
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.