Escooter & walk exploration combo - Paphos Forest - Cedar Valley - from Larnaca
Participants have the opportunity to explore Paphos Forest, in an adventure that includes travelling on modern electric scooters and walking in Cedar Valley, the homeland of Cyprus endemic cedar.
It combines two extraordinary experiences, hard to beat on the island.
per adult from
8 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Use of our electric scooters (600 W), 10 inch tires, suspensions, disk breaks, etc)
What's excluded :
- Museum entry fees, if participants would want to visit the Kykkos monastery museum
- Bottled water
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kykkos Monastery (Panagia tou Kykkou), 20km (12 miles) W of Pedoulas village, Pedoulas Cyprus
Kykkos monastery is a 1,000 years old historic monastery in Cyprus, found inside Paphos Forest at an elevation of around 1,300 meters. It is a prime pilgrimage destination on Cyprus and is very popular with foreign visitors as well, especially Russians.
Please note that there is no admission to the monastery. However there is a museum (of religious artifacts etc) in the premises, for which there is an admission fee (to be paid by those who decide to enter this museum).
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Paphos Forest, Paphos Cyprus
Paphos Forest covers a big part of Troodos mountains, which takes about a quarter of the surface of Cyprus. Paphos Forested is forested, has a good road network and almost no human settlements.
During the trip we travel by electric scooter on a relatively flat stretch of the road network along a route of about 30 km long. Excellent views is a highlight of the trip.
About halfway on the circular trip we come to Cedar Valley. We pause here and maybe we do a short walk.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Cedar Valley, Paphos Cyprus
Cedar Valley is very special for the island as it is home to about 130,000 endemic (only found in Cyprus) Cedar subspecies. We have the option to stop at Cedar Valley for a break, and especially to do a short walk to the peak, from where one can enjoy unobstructed views in a big part of Paphos Forest. Here we are in the company of thousands of gracious Cedar trees, and if we are very very lucky, even of mouflon, the endemic wild sheep of Cyprus.
The walk is linear (about 2.5 km each way) and we can do as much of it as we want. As the elevation is above 1,000 m (going up to over 1,350 m), we do recommend to enjoy the walk also in summer, keeping in mind that temperatures here would be significantly cooler compared to the main plain and the coast.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
The group leader must bring along a valid credit card for pre-authorization (security for the use of the scooters) as well as official identification (Passport or National ID card). The group leader will also sign a relevant lease contract.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.