Essaouira Day Trip from Marrakech
Formerly known by its old Portuguese name “Mogador”, Essaouira is a citadel with a prestigious past. It has been occupied since prehistoric times and was famous for its Tyrian factory which supplied Rome with the legendary purple dye.
A cradle for artists of all kinds, Essaouira is also well known for its fishing port and market,
Essaouira is one of the most beautiful and unspoilt towns in Morocco. A famous trading post 3000 years ago, its stunning beaches have made it the mecca for surfing enthusiasts today.
Essaouria has always been a cradle for artists of all genres and poets, scientists have artists flock to it for centuries. Its main square is worth a visit as this is where all the main cafes, restaurants and patisseries are clustered.
The old harbour has fine examples of both Portuguese and Moroccan architecture, as does the 17th century Mosque and the local artists quarter. Enjoy picturesque views of the fishing port and the walled medina from the bastion of Skala du Port.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Professional Driver/Guide
What's excluded :
- Local guide
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Essaouira, Essaouira, Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz Region
We will leave Marrakech at 08:00 towards the coastal city of Essaouira. This Old Portuguese town is surprising with its blue-shuttered house’s architectures and guns pointed out at sea.
You will firstly stop at the port which was built in the 18th century and called Tumbuktu as it serves to connect Africa to Europe and America. It is an animated place because of fish vendors that return to the port on their multicolored fishing boats.
You will then visit the Skala. Founded for military purposes, this site preserved the city from attacks with a collection of bronze cannons oriented to the ocean.
You will continue exploring the Portuguese ramparts and crossing the alleys of the Medina. As a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Medina of Essaouira is an example of a walled city of the 18th century. Its souks expose all kinds of handicrafts: carpets, woolen clothes, aromatic products, jewelries, wooden decorations…
Duration: 11 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up all our guest from their accommodation
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.