Essences of Cusco 5 Days 4 Nights
Welcome to Cusco!
Exploring Cusco Tour and the fascinating Sacred Valley enables you to explore all the best attractions of the Inca civilization located around Cusco. You will visit the astonishing sites as Pisac, Moray, salt mine and the majestic lost city of the Incas “Machu Picchu”.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel accommodation according to itinerary.
- Meals according to itinerary.
- Lunch in Sacred Valley.
- All guided excursions in English in shared/group service (up to 15 travelers)
- All tour and intermediate transfers.
- Expedition Trains to/from Aguas Calientes.
- Airport transfers.
- Support Staff: Administration and Staff available 24 hours.
- Airport transfer: Transfer from the airport upon arrival in Lima is included if you provide us with the flight information at least five days in advance.
What's excluded :
- Optional climb to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain.
- International and domestic flights and airport taxes.
- Personal expenses.
- Meals not noted.
- Travel insurance.
- Tips (optional)
- DAY 01: ARRIVAL CUSCO – AFTERNOON CITY TOUR ARCHEOLOGICAL SITES
On arrival in Cusco, you will be met with assistance at the airport and transport to your hotel. The restof the morning is free to rest and acclimatise to the high altitude. The city tour will start at 13:00 pm.
Today we have a guided tour of Cusco and its nearby ruins. The city, once capital of the extensive Inca Empire, has seen many changes since Francisco Pizarro took the city with such apparent ease in November 1533. We explore the city by foot to appreciate its superbly constructed Inca walls and architecturally extravagant colonial churches and palaces. This also includes a visit of Koricancha, the
Ancient Golden Temple of the Sun. After this we take a short drive to visit the monolithic walls of Sacsayhuaman along with Tambomachay, better known as ‘the bath of the Inca’. Both sites are spectacularly set above the city. In the afternoon you may have time to explore some of the central parts of the city and a chance to look at some of the great varieties of local craft work.
DAY 02: MARAS AND MORAY (B)
We pick you up from your hotel for a trip to the village of Maras and the Experimental agricultural terraces of Moray. It is believed that Moray Incas created their own microclimate to help plants adapt to the altitude. After this we will make an afternoon visit to the salt mines located near the town of Maras. These mines continue to operate and local people work on them during the day. We return to Cusco in the afternoon.
DAY 03: SACRED VALLEY – OLLANTAYTAMBO – AGUAS CALIENTES (B, L)
Early in the morning we will leave Cusco at 8:00 AM. We will stop at the city of Pisac (or Pisaq), through which the River of Urubamba flows. Here we will enjoy the weekly market where we can buy textiles, pottery and other little things. We will then take the bus uphill to the ruins complex of Pisac, an Inca citadel perched on a mountain side. Our journey continues to Ollantaytambo, where we will visit the archaeological complex. In the afternoon, we will travel to Agua Calientes by train, where we’ll spend the night.
DAY 04: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO (B)
After a good night sleep, we will travel by bus to the mountain of Machu Picchu. The tour will be guided for 2:30 hours. We will visit the Main Square, the Circular Tower, the Sacred Sundial, the Royal Quarters, the Temple of the Three Windows and the cemeteries. You will have some free time to discover the secrets of that mysterious place on your own.
In the afternoon, we will return to our hotel in Cusco.
DAY 05: DEPARTURE FROM CUSCO (B)
We will pick you up from your hotel and take you to the airport of Cusco so you can take your flight back home.
Departure Point :At your Cusco hotel
Departure Time :Every day, including holidays.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- During the travel, your main luggage can be stored at our office or at your hotel, both free of charge.
- Original passport or identity card.
- Small bag for accessories (a maximum 6 kg are allowed on the train to and from Aguas Calientes).
- Daypack for personal items.
- Comfortable clothes and appropriate footwear (hiking boots or sandals recommended).
- Extra money for souvenirs and handicrafts.
- Camera and charger.
- Insect repellent.
- Scarf or hat in order to protect against the intense sun.
- Warm jacket for the evening.
- Personal medications.
- Tickets to Huayna Picchu (subject to availability) US$35.00
- Train Vistadome Round Trip US$40.00.
- Single Supplement US$120.00.
- every day, including holidays)
- 5 Days 4 Nights
- You will be picked-up at your hotel
- Your hotel - Airport
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.