Essential Toronto Tour - Food Tour and Toronto Islands Trip
By booking the Essential Toronto Tour, you can fully immerse yourself into an exciting day in Toronto. This completely private adventure allows you to experience the city with us and "See Toronto like a local!".
This tour features a full food tour of the St. Lawrence Market! The food tour is completely customizable on this exclusive private tour of one of the top markets on Earth. Our guides and vendors can cater to each and any food choice, dietary restriction, and allergy. Vegan and vegetarian friendly tour!
Explore Torontos vast underground city with a tour of the PATH tunnels!
Narrated ferry or water taxi (in season) ride to the Toronto Islands!
This fully packed food tour and adventure will last between 3 and 4 hours, and leave guests with a complete overview of life in Toronto!
We will learn about early history, modern Toronto, see the world's number 1 food market as deemed by National Geographic in 2012, have a ferry ride to the Toronto Islands, and so much more!
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
What's included :
- Lunch - Lunch and available food tastings at the St. Lawrence Market
- Coffee and/or Tea - Hot beverage on extremely cold days
- All Fees and Taxes
- Private transportation
- Entry/Admission - St. Lawrence Market
What's excluded :
- Stop At: Berczy Park, 35 Wellington Street East, Toronto, Ontario M5E 1C6 Canada
Meet your expert local guide at the whimsical Berczy Park dog fountain before heading into Old Town Toronto!
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: St. Lawrence Market, 92-95 Front St. E., Toronto, Ontario M5E 1C4 Canada
Lunchtime! Indulge in inherently Canadian delicacies inside the world famous St. Lawrence Market, where we will chat with the owners and vendors, sample cheeses from across the world, and much more. Guests are treated to a variety of foods that put Toronto and Canada on the map, and we will learn the facts and figures about Anglo and French-Canadian foods! Options include famous peameal bacon sandwiches, chicken/veal parmigiana Godfather Italian sandwiches, Montreal-style bagels, fresh Canadian seafood, locally-made Greek spanokopita, Canadian cheeses, Niagara region wine and Icewine, olives, berries, drinking chocolate, Canadian mustard and much more! Lunch is included here. Bring your appetite!
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Old Town, Old Town, Toronto, Ontario
Next, guests will learn the real and true stories behind Old Town Toronto and those not listed on any plaque. I will give the real stories behind European colonization, the real truths behind the dark side of Canadian history, and we will visit hidden courtyards and 200 year old buildings and offices not listed on any tourist map!
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Financial District, Toronto, Ontario Canada
From the Old Town of Toronto, we head towards the Financial District. Skyscrapers sudden crowd the streetscape and guests learn the lesser known facts about the inner workings of the Canadian economy!
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: The Path, 31 Adelaide St E, Toronto, Ontario M5C 1J4 Canada
A remarkable and extensive labyrinth of underground tunnels and the largest underground mall in the world! See where 350,000 people a day shop, dine and work!
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Scotiabank Arena, 40 Bay St (at Lakeshore Blvd.), Toronto, Ontario M5J 2X2 Canada
Walk through the edge of the Scotiabank Arena and get a glimpse of where 20,000 fans pack in to watch the World Champion Toronto Raptors, the Toronto Maple Leafs, and Toronto Rock lacrosse team.
Stop At: Toronto Harbour, Bathurst to Leslie (at Harbourfront), Toronto, Ontario M5J 2G8 Canada
After heading into the PATH system and seeing some famous landmarks along the way, we make our way to the water taxis (in season), or Jack Layton Ferry Terminal before our trip to the Toronto Islands! Guests get a little taste of the Toronto Harbourfront and Queens Quay before venturing across the water!
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Toronto Islands, Toronto Islands, Toronto, Ontario
We finish with an insider, fully narrated ride on a water taxi/ferry to the Toronto Islands, where guests return back across on the ferry at their own leisure! We will take personal, small group water taxis during the spring and summer, and use the public, City-operated ferries during the autumn and winter. The return journey is for guests to make at their own leisure, and the return ferry ride is free with no ticket needed. In the summer please bring beach gear and plan on a fun afternoon and evening on the Toronto Islands!!!
Duration: 1 hour
• Montreal-style bagels - Delicious and famously sweet Montreal-style bagels
• Portuguese Rissois De Galinha - chicken rissoles - A little taste of Portugal - bechamel and Churrasqueira-style pulled chicken lightly friend and served cold.
• Peameal bacon sandwiches - Toronto's famous official dish!
Learn about the history of this salty, powerful pork sandwich.
• Veal and eggplant parmigiana - Ontario fried veal, lightly fried eggplant, hot peppers, provolone & parmigiana cheese, homemade Italian sauce, caramelized onions, sauteed mushrooms.
• Canadian Maritimes oysters - Freshly shucked oysters from some of the most famous oyster beds in North America, New Brunswick, PEI and Nova Scotia.
• Drinking chocolate - Raw Mexican vegan drinking chocolate
• Nanaimo bars - One of Canada's most famous culinary exports, the Nanaimo bar from British Columbia! Wafers, nuts, coconuts, custard and ganache!
Departure Point :35 Wellington St E, Toronto, ON M5E 1C6, Canada
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :Jack Layton Ferry Terminal, 9 Queens Quay W, Toronto, ON M5J 2H3, Canada
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guests are NOT required to wear a mask, as per provincial and municipal law UNTIL on the public ferry back from the Islands. Guests are encouraged to wear a mask in enclosed areas, indoors, and guests ARE REQUIRED to wear a mask if on the Toronto Ferries that are operated by the city themselves.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.