Etna & Alcantara Tour Experience
A tour day dedicated to water and fire, from the Gorges of Alcantara river to the highest active volcano in Europe. Visit the Alcantara Fluvial Park a wonderful nature reserve between Catania and Taormina, a unique place with its Alcantara. After this visit we move towards Mount Etna and visit ancient craters and lava flows, volcanic caves to explore in complete safety.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points in Catania
- Use of helmet
- Entry/Admission - Alcantara River Park
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Alcantara River Park, Castiglione di Sicilia, Sicily Italy
The Alcantara river originates from the Mounts Nebrodi at an altitude of 1400 meters a.s.l., the Alcantara Gorges are about 45/50 minutes from Catania, situated between the Municipality of Francavilla di Sicilia and Motta Camastra.
The visit includes: entry “Alcantara River Park”, visit from the top of the Alcantara river, various panoramic viewpoints that will enjoy breathtaking landscapes, including the famous columnar basalts.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Craters Silvestri of Mount Etna, 95030 Nicolosi, Sicily Italy
Their formation dates back to the eruption of 1892: this began on 9 July with the formation of a radial fracture, and therefore of a bottoniera  of five craters, between 2025 and 1800 m, on the southern slope of the volcano's flanks . It lasted 173 days traveled about 7 kilometers, until it touched the Monti Rossi from the eastern side, stopping just above Nicolosi, at an altitude of 970 m.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Valle Del Bove, 95019 Zafferana Etnea, Sicily Italy
The Valle del Bove is a large basin located on the eastern side of the Etna volcanic building, within the protected area of the Etna Park, in the territory of the municipality of Zafferana Etnea (CT).
The formation of this depression dates back to 64,000 years ago due to the collapse of the eruptive centers of Trifoglietto I and Trifoglietto II, predecessors of Etna. The collapse of the two craters formed a caldera 1 kilometer deep and 5 kilometers wide. The current volcanic cone of Mount Etna would have formed north-west of the Trifoglietto II unit about 34,000 years ago.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Piazza Stesicoro, 95100 Catania CT, Italy
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.