Etna Bike Tour - Cycling in Sicily
Start pedaling heading Catania for about 5 km in a lowland area.
Our aim is to warm up our muscles and get acquainted with our road bicycles. Once we have finished the first part of climb of Etna tour, comes a soft hill 5% to 10% for about other 5 km. We pass above Fiumefreddo di Sicilia, a little town so named because of an underground river flowing here from the northeastern slope of Mount Etna. Observe the changes in vegetation, which becomes increasingly bushy and wild. We finally find ourselves surrounded by olive groves, fields and greeneries, characteristics for this region. The First Wall and Wine Cellars.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private Guide, Full Carbon Road Bike, Helmet, Pedals : Flat, Shimano, Look
What's excluded :
- Private transportation
Our climb of Etna tour starts at our headquarters in Giardini Naxos, after having set up our bikes and discussed the itinerary.
Today we will conquer the highest active volcano of Europe – Mount Etna. Start pedaling heading Catania for about 5 km in a lowland area. Our aim is to warm up our muscles and get acquainted with our road bicycles. Once we have finished the first part of climb of Etna tour, comes a soft hill 5% to10% for about other 5 km. We pass above Fiumefreddo di Sicilia, this particular climb will get us up to the town of Piedimonte Etneo, a settlement built on an ancient lava flow of the northeastern volcano face. We have already biked by now for some 10 km and 350mt D+, but we are still to complete our first challenge. At the end of our first tough climb, we have already done about 18 km and 800 mt D+. We are on Mount Etna Wine road, which goes from eastern side along the northern volcano slope. Let us fill up our bottles with the fresh volcanic mineral water before we continue our climb and face the last big ascent of the day, known as slope of Bartali & Coppi. From 827 mt above sea level, we will arrive up to 1750 mt, to a place called Rifugio Citelli. Down Hill.
• Mount Etna, 95030 Catania, Sicily Italy
Departure Point :Via Recanati, 26, 98035 Giardini-Naxos ME, Italy
Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Fontanarossa Airport, Catania, Sicily Italy
- Giardini Naxos, 98039 Taormina, Province of Messina, Italy
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 8/29/2020 - 10/27/2021
Monday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 01:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.