Etna Summit Craters 3300mt
· Meeting point Rifugio Sapienza on Etna South
· The ascent is by cable car and jeep up to 2900 mt (Torre del Filosofo)
· From Torre del Filosofo will start the ascent by walk to reach summit craters (3300 mt) where you can observe some depression areas then downhill througt big sandy channeles. Trekking last about 2/ 3 hours
· Along the way you will visit cinder cones of 2002
· Then visit of the large horseshoe-shaped caldera Valle del Bove (Valley of the Ox)
· Return by cable car (2550 m) up to Rifugio Sapienza
Due to volcano activity from South-East New Crater of Etna, the maximum altitude reached 2750 / 2900 metres, according to the indications of the competent authorities (INGV, Civil Protection Italy, Prefecture of Catania).
Excursion aimed at expert hikers, accustomed to several hours of walking on sandy, rough terrain, sometimes irregular and steep stretches.
per adult from
5 to 6 hours
What's included :
- Trekking sticks, Helmets, Trekking shoes (on request), Warm Jackets (on request), Socks (on request), Backpack (on request)
- Entry/Admission - Mount Etna
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mount Etna, 95030 Catania, Sicily Italy
The summit area of the Etna volcano is characterized by the presence of 5 distinct craters. This experience will give you the opportunity to get to the top of Europe's highest volcano, enjoy a unique landscape and feel the breath of the "Muntagna" Etna.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Piazzale Rifugio Sapienza, 95030 Nicolosi CT, Italy
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.