Evening Food Tour of Old Mobile’s Culinary History
On this three hour walking tour, taste delicious, Gulf Coast cuisine from some of the best restaurants in Mobile. Along the way, walk the Downtown Mobile Oyster Trail and hear the stories of Mobile's food history through the centuries. Find out which 4 world famous dishes started right here in Mobile, Alabama.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Food tasting
- Wine tasting
- Local guide
- Entry/Admission - Mobile Bay
- Entry/Admission - Dauphin Street
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Bienville Bites Food Tour, Mobile, AL 36601
Dine at five popular restaurants in Downtown Mobile. Travel the Downtown Mobile Oyster Trail and learn Mobile's cuisine history.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Mobile Bay, Mobile, AL
Begin our tour at Dauphin’s on the 34th floor of the RSA Trustmark Building overlooking beautiful Mobile Bay and the Mobile River.
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Bienville Square, 150 Dauphin St, Mobile, AL 36602
Hear how food was consumed along the Gulf Coast hundreds of years before the Europeans arrived. Dishes like corn, squash, beans and of course, oysters were the main diet for the natives.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Dauphin Street, Mobile, AL
Explore Mobile’s food scene through the centuries. Hear the story of how dishes like gumbo, jambalaya, and West Indies Salad became popular Gulf Coast dishes.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception, 2 South Claiborne Street, Mobile, AL 36602
Stop outside the beautiful Cathedral and continue to hear the story of Mobile’s food history. Bread riots, banana docks and Moon Pies were and are vital to Mobilians way of life.
Departure Point :107 St Francis St, Mobile, AL 36652, USA
Departure Time :5:30 PM
Return Detail :558 Dauphin St, Mobile, AL 36602, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Dress code is smart casual
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.