Evening Prague: Traditional Czech Small Group or Private Food Tour in Old Town
Explore Prague with all your senses! Experience the treasures of classic Czech cooking alongside bites with a modern twist as you explore the magnificent medieval landmarks of our beautiful capital. Czechs are hedonists who appreciate a hearty meal washed down with that world-famous Czech beer, and your local guide will show you how to do this in style, as the locals do! What are you waiting for? Join us for a foodie adventure through the historical centre of Prague that you won’t forget.
per adult from
What's included :
- Food-loving and English-speaking local guide
- 8 food and 5 beverage tastings of traditional Czech cuisine (food tastings will vary depending on the season and availability but you can expect dishes such as goulash, beef sirloin with dumplings, roast pork and cabbage, etc.) at different places where locals like to eat and drink (portion sizes vary but total amount of food equals a large full meal)
- A map with personalised food recommendations
What's excluded :
- Additional food and drinks
- Souvenirs and personal shopping
- Transportation to/from the meeting and end points
- Tips/gratuities for your guide.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Prague Urban Adventures, Teplicka 277/26, Prague 190 00 Czech Republic
After meeting your friendly local guide in Náměstí Republiky Square, we’ll head straight to our first stop of the day for an exceptional gastronomic experience in a bistro, which we are certain every foodie will appreciate. Would you like to taste sausages, roast meat or potato pancakes in their best form? This is the place to do it. Everything here is prepared according to the good old 1920s recipes, and your chosen dishes will be served to you directly on a tray with a slice of delish Czech dark bread. We’ll wash it down with the most famous of Czech lagers or a homemade lemonade if you prefer.
After filling our bellies with some fine Czech food, it’s time for some sightseeing. Prague is one of Europe’s most beautiful cities, so you are in for a treat! As we walk you’ll learn more about the bustling and most important historic areas of the city. We will pass through the New Town’s art deco passages, making our way towards the magnificent Old Town. Before we reach the Old Town Square, we’ll take you to a restaurant where you can taste the truest Czech cuisine at its finest. Thanks to our unique location in the heart of Europe, Czech food has been influenced by neighbouring European countries for thousands of years; at this stop you’ll taste the results of this cultural blend on your plate!
As always, we have saved the best for last! We will take a seat in one of the Old Town’s lesser known but fabulous venues to try something sweet and very, very Czech! No, it’s not going to be the Chimney Cake that you see all around the city, but a dessert that is deeply associated with our childhood. There is no better way of ending our foodie adventure around the city, trust us!
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Municipal House, nám. Republiky 5, 111 21 Praha 1-Staré Město, Czechia
Departure Time :5:00 PM
Return Detail :Malostranské náměstí, Malostranské nám., 118 00 Praha 1-Malá Strana, Czechia
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children under age 12 are not permitted to join this tour.
- Vegetarians, celiacs and people with other allergies should get in touch with us before making your booking so that we can ensure we are able to cater to your requirements, as all food is arranged in advance.
- For vegans and lactose-intolerant travellers, please note that Czech cuisine relies heavily on dairy and animal products, making it nearly impossible to show you traditional Czech cuisine without these ingredients. Please contact us if you would like recommendations of good vegan-friendly places for you to try outside of this tour — we are always happy to help.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes. In summer months, bring a hat and sunscreen. This tour departs rain or shine, so you may want to bring an umbrella, depending on the weather.
- For your tour you will be in a small group of a maximum of 10 people.
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Food tastings will vary depending on the season and availability but you can expect dishes such as goulash, beef sirloin with dumplings, roast pork and cabbage, etc. - vegetarians welcome
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures have received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.