Evening Wildlife Safari from Stockholm
Discover Sweden’s rich wildlife and forests on this 4-hour sunset safari from Stockholm! Travel by air-conditioned minivan through the rural landscapes around the city and drive into dense forests in search of everything from elks, deer, wild boar and hares to a fascinating array of birdlife. Exploring at sunset heightens the chances of spotting elk in particular, as the animals emerge to feed and find water. Along the way, stop to view some Viking rune stones and enjoy a short forest hike in a bid to observe animals close up!
per adult from
What's included :
- Experienced Guide
- Transport by air-conditioned Minivan
- Traditional Swedish Midsummer Meal
- Rain Poncho (if needed)
What's excluded :
- Warm Clothing
- Spend an evening in Stockholm’s beautiful forest where you’ll have the chance to meet the “other” locals – our resident wildlife!
In Stockholm, as is always the case in Sweden, nature is never far away. Just beyond the city limits are extensive lush forests and plenty of farming and agricultural land that are inhabited by a vast array of wildlife. Here, Moose, Deer, Foxes, Hares and Wild Boar roam undisturbed. Our Wildlife Safari runs during dusk, which is an optimal time to go in search of animals, and in particular, the “Kings of the Forest” who usually roam at sundown to graze and search for water.
Your guide will welcome you onboard our small and comfortable minivan before heading off on Safari to one of Stockholm’s most wildlife-rich areas. Before starting the safari, enjoy a Traditional Swedish Midsummer Meal at an outdoor camp as your guide explains more about the habitat surrounding you, and the animals that inhabit it. You will then navigate through rural landscapes characterised by traditional red cottages, classic manor houses, majestic forests and historical rune stones from the Viking age, searching for wildlife and once the sun has set you will return to the city.
Our Traditional Swedish Midsummer Meal will consist of 3 different herrings, freshly boiled potatoes, meatballs, sausages, boiled eggs with Kalles Kaviar and hard crispy bread with Västerbotten Cheese. We will enjoy fresh berries for dessert and we will have Lingonberry and Elderflower soft drinks.
Departure Point :Stockholm Adventures / ICEguide, Kungsbro strand 21, 112 26 Stockholm, Sweden
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- A booking confirmation and ‘Welcome Information’ will automatically be sent once the booking is complete. If you do not receive confirmation, please contact Stockholm Adventures directly.
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended.
- Minimum age: 10.
- This tour needs a minimum of 2 persons booked on to operate, if the minimum number is not reached you will be offered an alternative date or a full refund.
- The tour will take place in all weather conditions unless your guide thinks it is unsafe. Please dress appropriately.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- We have reduced the max. capacity from 8 to 5 participants, to ensure the middle seat of the van is empty as we drive to/around/from the nature reserve. The food served on this tour is freshly prepared by one person under strict hygiene conditions & will be served to you outdoors.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.