Everest Base Camp Trek via Jiri
You can trek to the traditional route to the Everest is the Jiri to Everest Base Camp trek in Nepal. Unlimited records were set and numerous tragic stories have been created in the Everest by the people who used the trail in the past. The current trend of the Everest Base Camp trekking is the mountain flight to Lukla and the start of the trek. However, the Jiri to Everest Base Camp trek will be completely different and diversify. Jiri to Everest Base Camp Trek or EBC Trekking is also called as classical Everest trekking route & best trail for Exploring Everest with Peregrine Treks.
per adult from
What's included :
- Airport pickup and drop services on a private vehicle before and after the trek
- Kathmandu to Jiri or Bhandara Bus/Jeep
- Two Night hotel accommodation (Tourist Standard) in Kathmandu with breakfast
- All Domestic airport taxes where applicable
- Trekkers Information Management System [TIMS] registration card
- Experienced English speaking, government licensed and ministry of tourism trained trekking guide with meals, accommodation, salary and insurance
- Assistant trekking guide for groups over 6 people with meals, accommodation, salary and insurance
- Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag, duffel bag and trekking map (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion)
- Comprehensive first aid medical kit carried by the guide
- Necessary paper works, all government and local taxes, company service charges
What's excluded :
- Meals and accommodation during trekking and Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu
- International airfare, Nepal visa fees ( two passport photographs ), travel and medical insurance, emergency evacuation
- Personal nature expenses ( bars and beverage bills, drinking water, bottled drinks, hot shower, telephone, laundry, tidbits etc.
- Costs arising from natural calamities, mishaps or anything beyond our control ( Costs are not refundable and transferable in any mean if you leave the trek voluntarily and want to return from the trek
- Services not mentioned in 'Product Includes' section ( Please ask us if you are confused about any services
- Day 01: Arrival in Tribhuvan International Airport
Day 02: Drive Kathmandu to Bhandar via Jiri
Day 03: Bhandar to Sete (2575 m/8450 ft): 6/7 hrs
Day 04: Sete Trek to Junbesi (2670 m/8760 ft): 6/7 hrs
Day 05: Junbesi trek to Nunthala (2220 m/7280 ft): 6 hrs
Day 06: Nunthala to Bupsa (2360 m/7,740 ft): 5/6 hrs
Day 07: Bupsa to Surke (2290 m/7282 ft): 5/6 hrs
Day 08: Surke to Phakding(2,652 m/8,700 ft): 4/5 hrs
Day 09: Phakding to Namche (3450 m)
Day 10: Namche Acclimatization day or exploration day
Day 11: Namche to Tengboche (3870 m/12694 ft) 10 km, 5-6 hrs
Day 12: Tengboche to Dingboche (4360 m/14300 ft) 9 km, 5-6 hrs
Day 13: Dingboche 2nd acclimatization day
Day 14: Dingboche to Lobuche (4940 m/16207 ft) 7 km, 5-6 hrs
Day 15: Lobuche to Gorekshep (5170 m/11280 ft) and EBC (5364 m/17549 ft) 13 km, 7-8 hrs
Day 16: Gorekhshep to Kalapather (5545 m/16961 ft) and Pheriche (4288 m/14070 ft) 16 km, 7-8 hrs
Day 17: Pheriche to Namche (3440 m/11280 ft) 20 km, 7-8 hrs
Day 18: Namche to Lukla
Day 19: Lukla to Kathmandu by flight
Day 20: Departure day
Departure Point :Kathmandu, Nepal
Departure Time :5:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Peregrine Treks representative will receive you at the Tribhuvan International Airport and transfer to hotel. The travel plan and necessary requirements will be discussed.
- The early morning drive from Kathmandu to Bhandar of Lamjung district which is about 187 km of the journey takes place on this day passing by Jiri the magnificent small town. This place is the traditional Everest Base Camp and expedition journey starting time. The drive from Jiri to Bhandar would be mesmerizing because of the views of mountains like Ganesh Himal, Langtang Lirung and Dorje Lakpa
- The descending trekking takes place through thick forests crossing small glacial rivers as well as the small village of Dokharpa and Baranda. Then the trekking will be ascending towards Surma Khola and continuing the journey to Likhu Khola Valley. Finally to Sete passing by the Chimbu and settlement in Kenja.
- The uphill trekking to Lamjura La passing by a forest of maple, rhododendrons, pine, magnolia, birch and local vegetation which consists of slight descend down to Tragdobuk and Junbesi.
- Crossing the stream past Junbesi with an uphill climb up the forest and after hour’s trekking, the views of the Himalaya appears in front of your eyes. The visible mountains would be of Nuptse, Makalu, Everest, Lhotse, Thamserku, Mera Peak and other mountains. This place provides the first view of the Mount Everest. Further descending to Ringmo Khola and again ascend to Salung takes place in this place. Then another hour of descending will take you to Nunthala.
- The descending trekking activity takes place from Nunthala to Dudh Koshi River. Then the trail follows the River heading upward to Khumbu region of Nepal. The steep uphill from Khari Khola takes you to Bupsa.
- From Bupsa the trail is wooded and passes the Kharte. The trail from Kharte would be uphill climb taking you to Khari La Pass. The uphill and downhill along the Khari La Pass, Khumbila Mountains lap and Puiyan finally reach the Surke.
- From the Surke area, the trail takes uphill climbing momentum towards Charikharka. Then the trek moves to Phakding ascending to Chhiplung.
- Phakding to Namche is relatively easy trekking time spanning just up to 3 hrs. The trail comprises of a suspension bridge with colourful prayer flags in it. The views of Mountains start to welcome you towards its lap. The highlight of this part of the trail would be the Tibetan wall paintings and the occasional views of Mountains.
- Early morning has small breakfast and to Everest view Hotel. Everest Base Camp trekking requires strength and endurance as well as will power. The day’s rest will be taken in Namche in order to get prepared for the trek upwards. The acclimatization hiking will take place as you will be taken to world’s highest located hotel The Everest View Hotel after Breakfast. The panoramic views of mountains and the surrounding area from the hotel are splendid. It is highly recommended for the trekkers to go through the acclimatization hiking as it prepares your body and soul for the trekking.
- The trekking trail from Namche to Tengboche consists of plain flat land trekking as well as steep uphill. The flat trail trekking provides the outstanding views of Mountains like Thamserku, Everest, Pumori, Lhotse and other Himalayan ranges. The trail on the banks of Dudhkoshi River and the rhododendron forests amazes you. The distant scenes of the majestic Himalayas would also mesmerize you and let you forget the hardship encountered till day. Once you have reached Tengboche the serenity prevails. The continuous prayers and the smell of incense coming from the monastery would ignite your spiritual self.
- The trekking trail is slight downhill and enters the small valley passing by Pangboche. The usual crossing of the river from suspension bridge and wooden bridges are there with the usual view of mountains up above you.
- Another rest day will occur in Dingboche. We have carefully designed this itinerary in order to provide maximum safe adventure as possible. Therefore this acclimatization trek should take place. This acclimatization trekking to Khangsaar Village would give you chance to witness the Sherpa Community culture and lifestyle. We will take you either to Nagarjuna or Khangsaar after the discussion with the trekking leader. The climatic factors and the conditions of the trekkers would be the reason behind these destinations.
- The trekking starts with uphill and the trail would be in small Mountain Valley. The place is so romantic because of the picturesque views of the mountains and surrounding hills. Once we have take lunch in Dukla then steep uphill trekking would take you to the Lobuche.
- This day’s trekking ends in anticipation. Though the trekking body starts to drain out but the anticipation of reaching the foothill of the world’s tallest mountain motivates your will power. Once you have reached the EBC the views and grandeur of the region make you awestruck. If the time is during the climbing season of the Everest then the meeting of the climbers and listening to their tales would be mesmerizing experience. Once you have savoured and walked in the lap of Mount Everest you have to trek back to Gorakshep for accommodation.
- The early morning hike from Gorakshep to Kalapather is another grand experience in your EBC trekking. The views of the surrounding mountains and the sun rays coming out of the casement of the Himalayas kissing its tip would be the best scenes ever viewed by your eyes. The flocks of trekkers passing by and the splendid views of the Mountains would be your most memorable morning of a lifetime. After breakfast, the trekking downhill will take you to Pheriche passing by a windy valley.
- The Pheriche to Namche is relatively easy and it would be amazing to see the trekkers going to EBC as it gives you satisfaction and victorious feeling. The mesmerizing memory of your journey will help you finish the trekking quicker than ascending to EBC. Though descending seems to be easy it should be noted that careful considerations should be taken.
- Trek back to Lukla approximately 6-7 hours
- After half an hour flight return back to Kathmandu. Full day free for shopping. Farewell dinner with Nepalese traditional delicacies would be given to you from Peregrine Treks and discuss the details of the trip.
- This day you will be departed at Tribhuvan International Airport, 3 hours before than flight time
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.