Everest Base Camp Trekking - 12 Days
The trek to the foothills of world’s highest mountain is a magical experience in the Himalaya of Nepal. The sole idea of reaching the base camp of Mount Everest is enough to attract travelers and hikers across the world to visit this destination. What comes in between is the journey through the Sherpa villages, monasteries, and the beautiful mountains following you throughout the journey.
The classic trek starts with a scenic flight to the Sherpa town of Lukla, gateway to the Khumbu region of Nepal. Gentle walk to the village of Phakding. Next day starts with the hike to Namche Bazzar, passing through the village such as Monjo, Jorsale etc. There will be two acclimatization days, one at Namche and another at Dingboche. The trail follows the village of Tengboche, Dingboche, Lobuche, Gorakshep before reaching the amazing Everest Base Camp.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Accommodation during trek ; local lodges Eleven nights with twin-share rooms
- English speaking experienced Sherpa guide (Govt. Trained/License Holder).
- Porters: One porter for 2 Trekkers basis.
- Trek Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, food and accommodation.
- Personal insurance for Nepalese staff.
- Annapurna Foothill’s Duffle bag for Trekking.
- First aid medicine kit.
- Sagarmatha National Park Fee, TIMS permits & all required permits or Official Documentation.
- Round-Trip airfare between Kathmandu and Lukla (Airport Tax Included)
- All government and local taxes
What's excluded :
- Your Personal Travel Insurance.
- Nepal Entry Visa Fee.
- Lunch & Dinner in cities - allow $ 10 to 14 for per meal in Tourist restaurants.
- Beverages (soft drinks, mineral water, boiled water and beer).
- Tips for guide, porters and driver (customary)
- Accommodations in Kathmandu
Everest Base Camp Trekking Itinerary - 12 Days
Day 1 : Flight from Kathmandu to Lukla; Trek to Phakdingma, 2,610m/8,562ft / Dist: 8 km/ 4 hrs
Day 2 : Trek to Namche Bazaar 3,441 m/11,289ft Dist: 11 km/ 6-7 hrs
Day 3 : Acclimatization day- Hiking around Khumjung 3,790 m/12,434ft Dist: 4 km/ 3-4 hrs
Day 4 : Trek to Tengbuche,3,864 m/12,677 ft Dist: 11 km/5-6 hrs
Day 5 : Trek to Dingbuche, 4,400 m/14,435 ft Dist: 10 km 5 hrs
Day 6 : Acclimatization Day- Hiking Chhkung valley or Nagerjun 4,850 m/15,912 ft Dist: 4-5 km/ 3-4 hrs
Day 7 : Trek to Lobuche,4,915 m/ 16,125ft Dist: 11 km/ 6 hrs
Day 8 : Trek to Gorak Shep (Day hike Everest Base Camp ) 5,130m/16,830ft Dist: 12 km/ 8 hrs
Day 9 : Ascent to Kala Pattar 5545 m/ 18,192 ft & descent to Pheruche 4,371 m/ 14,340 ft Dist: 15 km/ 7 hrs
Day 10 : Trek to Namche 3,441 m/11,289 ft Dist: 18 km/ 6-7 hrs
Day 11 : Trek to Lukla, 2,860 m 9,380 ft Dist: 19 km/6-7 hrs
Day 12 : Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu 1,300 m/4,265 ft 45 minute in the flight
Departure Point :Thamel, Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
Traveler pickup is offered
We meet guests at thier Hotel's reception.
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 9/24/2020 - 10/27/2021
Monday: 09:15 AM - 05:15 PM Tuesday: 09:15 AM - 05:15 PM Wednesday: 09:15 AM - 05:15 PM Thursday: 09:15 AM - 05:15 PM Friday: 09:15 AM - 05:15 PM Sunday: 09:15 AM - 05:15 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- Best Season for the Everest Base Camp Trek : The best seasons for the Everest Base Camp Trek are from September to December and from March to May. These months are known for sunny and warm weather and outstanding views. The summer months from June to August are also beautiful, but the trek can be affected by the monsoon rains.
- EBC is a Tea Houses/Lodge Trek : Accommodation is included in the cost of your package. Annapurna Foothills Treks takes great care to arrange the most comfortable accommodation possible throughout your stay.During the trek, the nights will be spent in clean and comfortable tea houses with plenty of character and good food. The simple rooms usually have two narrow beds. The family run lodges are a great place to get to know the Nepalese people. In Nepalese culture, a guest is equal to ‘god’, and surely this has become even more of a reality since the tourism industry has improved their meager opportunities to earn. You will be made very welcome
- Meals on the EBC Trek :Three meals a day are included during your Everest Base Camp Trek. The menu will be fairly simple, but freshly cooked and hygienic. You can enjoy typical Nepali, Tibetan and Sherpa food, as well as all types of international cuisine. Dinners and breakfasts will be provided in the teahouse/lodge where you spend the night. Lunches will be eaten in a teashop on the way to the destination of the day.
- Local Customs You Should Know About on Classic Everest Base Camp Trek : Ethnic groups of the hilly and mountain regions are predominantly Buddhist, and you will see many mani stones, stupas, gumbas and prayer wheels. It is respectful to pass these objects with your right side nearest to the object, in a clockwise direction. Avoid sitting or standing on mani stones, stupas, tables used for worship or anything that is a religious symbol, as that is considered disrespectful.
- Flight Delay/Cancellation : Domestic flights to mountain regions can be delayed or cancelled due to bad weather. Be aware that you may have long waits in the airports. From our side, if a flight is cancelled we make sure you get on the next possible flight. If flight cancellations at the start of your trek delay your trek to the point of disturbing your onward travel schedule, you will be free to choose an alternative trip; there are many excellent options in the Annapurna, Langtang and other regions. If you do not wish to take an alternative trek, and wait in Kathmandu for the flight to Lukla, your original trek may be shortened due to the days lost in waiting. In such case, the client will be responsible to bear all additional expenses including food and accommodation. If the client wishes to make an alternative arrangement such as a helicopter flight, Annapurna Foothills Treks and Expeditions will assist in making the booking, but will not cover the cost of the alternative arrangement. The refunded money of the unused flight ticket would be credited to the concerned client, however. There will be no refund for the days of the trek that are missed. You will not be entitled to any refund for services in the package (ie hotel, transport, flight) that you did not use due to the cancellation. It is advisable to allow one or two extra days at the end of your trip to allow for flight delay/cancellation. In an emergency, or upon request by our clients, a heli-rescue can be organized. The helicopter costs around USD 3500, and can lift 4-5 persons per flight. If flight cancellations at the end of your trek delay your return to Kathmandu, you will be responsible for all your expenses during the wait in Lukla.
- Drinking Water on Everest Base Camp Trek : We suggest that you drink boiled water or bring chlorine tablets to purify the normal water available in the guest houses along the way. There is a small fee charged for the boiled water. Although mineral water is available in most places, there is no provision to dispose of the plastic bottles, so we encourage the guests to do what they can to protect the environment.
- Fitness/Health on the EBC Trek : If you have a reasonable level of fitness, this trek should be more than manageable. The altitude becomes more noticeable the higher we go, so we walk at a slow pace and take plenty of breaks to rest and acclimatize.
- Travel Insurance for Everest Base Camp Trek : Annapurna Foothills Treks strongly recommends you have sufficient insurance coverage to you go into this remote area.Travel insurance that covers emergency evacuation, injury, lost baggage, liability,medical treatment is recommended.The insurance must cover all the activities that you will be undertaking during your stay in Nepal. Annapurna Foothills Treks and Expeditions Pvt. Ltd. can organize the appropriate medical response based on your policy.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.